How do I keep icons, after sending shortcut to desktop (yahoo, msn,
etc)from defaulting to the blue E internet icon? Windows XP
Thanks maryjane

--
maryjane

peter

When you do a disc cleanup (Start/Control Panel/Perf. and Maint./Free up
space uncheck the Offline Web Page item. You could also download TweakUI
(Microsoft Powertoys) at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx -
it has a restore function for Icons. There are a number of useful tools
there.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"maryjane" <maryjane.1f2hh3@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> How do I keep icons, after sending shortcut to desktop (yahoo, msn,
> etc)from defaulting to the blue E internet icon? Windows XP
> Thanks maryjane
>

> --
> maryjane

I don't understand your question. Anyway not every URL has it's own
associated icon, sometimes you have to go back to the URL to get the
icon back. Another way around is to customize your icon. R-click on the
icon and choose "other pictogram", and go to a location where you have
icons...

--
Guydpb