desktop icons

How do I keep icons, after sending shortcut to desktop (yahoo, msn,
etc)from defaulting to the blue E internet icon? Windows XP
Thanks maryjane

--
maryjane
2 answers Last reply

    When you do a disc cleanup (Start/Control Panel/Perf. and Maint./Free up
    space uncheck the Offline Web Page item. You could also download TweakUI
    (Microsoft Powertoys) at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx -
    it has a restore function for Icons. There are a number of useful tools
    there.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "maryjane" <maryjane.1f2hh3@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > How do I keep icons, after sending shortcut to desktop (yahoo, msn,
    > etc)from defaulting to the blue E internet icon? Windows XP
    > Thanks maryjane
    >

    > --
    > maryjane

    I don't understand your question. Anyway not every URL has it's own
    associated icon, sometimes you have to go back to the URL to get the
    icon back. Another way around is to customize your icon. R-click on the
    icon and choose "other pictogram", and go to a location where you have
    icons...

    --
    Guydpb

Configuration Desktop Icons Windows XP