Solved

Is this computer build compatible

Hello,

I want to build a computer and I was wondering if these parts are compatible. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/cgi-bin/ShoppingCart.asp
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer build compatible
  1. We can't see your shopping card, it comes up blank.
  2. Oh, here are the parts

    Motherboard- ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel P67 Express, 2200MHz DDR3 (O.C.), Dual Gigabit LAN, 8-CH Audio, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, USB 3.0, SLI/CrossFireX, Bluetooth

    CPU-Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 3.30 GHz (3.70 GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Retail

    Graphics Card-EVGA 01G-P3-1557-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Mini-HDMI, Dual DVI, DirectX 11 SLI Ready

    RAM-Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered

    Hard drive-Western Digital WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB, 3.5", SATA 6Gbps, 7200RPM, 16MB

    Power Supply-Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 Power Supply - 750 Watts, ATX, 140mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze, SLI Ready, Active PFC

    Lite-On IHAS124-04 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, SATA (OEM)

    TP-Link TL-WN851ND 300Mbps Wireless-N PCI Adapter - 300Mbps, PCI, RP-SMA, IEEE 802.11n, 2x 2dBi Antennas

    Cooler Master HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Mid-Tower Computer Case - ATX, mATX
  3. Video card is a little weak for the rest of the system, but it'll work. If you're gaming, might want to spend a little more there.
  4. egilbe said:
    Video card is a little weak for the rest of the system, but it'll work. If you're gaming, might want to spend a little more there.


    Do you think this would be a better fit, I dont want to spend too much more

    EVGA 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), 2x Dual-Link DVI-I, Mini-HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready, Overclocked
  5. What do you plan on doing with the computer?
  6. egilbe said:
    What do you plan on doing with the computer?


    I would like to be able to play current games such as skyrim or batman
  7. AirB28 said:
    I would like to be able to play current games such as skyrim or batman


    In that case, get the best video card you can afford.
  8. AirB28 said:
    I would like to be able to play current games such as skyrim or batman



    550 TI is sufficient, however you can do better for roughly the same price. Like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161363

    The 560 is a good choice too.
  9. nekulturny said:
    We can't see your shopping card, it comes up blank.

    Ya Cummin up blank sucks.
  10. nekulturny said:
    550 TI is sufficient, however you can do better for roughly the same price. Like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161363

    The 560 is a good choice too.

    Theres even the Power Color Radeon HD 6850 on for $139 plus free game why not that one why pick the HIS
  11. Best answer
    I would drop your motherboard to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 and the PSU to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020 throw in the extra $95 towards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127636

    That would be a much more balanced system IMO


    EDIT: if you're not interested in the refurb 560 ti i linked above, go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363 which is only $15 more than that one.
  12. MMO Fan said:
    Theres even the Power Color Radeon HD 6850 on for $139 plus free game why not that one why pick the HIS



    I was looking for a factory oc'd one. IMHO, video card overclocking is better left to the factory, they have to guarantee that speed, vs overclocking on your own with no guarantee in a performance bump, and a voided warranty if you fry it. Thats how I look at it anyway.
  13. kelthic said:
    I would drop your motherboard to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 and the PSU to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020 throw in the extra $95 towards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127636

    That would be a much more balanced system IMO


    EDIT: if you're not interested in the refurb 560 ti i linked above, go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363 which is only $15 more than that one.


    90 day warranty refurb'd video card. Bad idea. Your mobo recommendation is a good idea though.
  14. nekulturny said:
    90 day warranty refurb'd video card. Bad idea. Your mobo recommendation is a good idea though.



    Yeah that's why i did the edit :)
  15. I wouldn't recommend the powercolor brand at all. That is reason enough to go with a different brand.
    Here is a list of worst to best performance

    550Ti
    6850
    6870 or 560 (same)
    560Ti
    Whichever you can get the best price on I would go with.
  16. What resolution is the monitor you'll be using for games? That will determine which card is best for you. If you're planning to play games at 1080p for a while, you can shoot as high as your budget will allow.
  17. right now I have a 26inch 720p tv I was thinking about hooking it up to. Or I may just buy a new monitor i'm not to sure
  18. And what are some of the games you plan to play (currently available or in the near future?). If you plan on getting a 1080p monitor in the near future, I would shoot for a 7870. Soon, the gtx 670 will be out and that should perform very well for its pricepoint ($350).

    For a 1280 x 720p tv, though, almost any card mentioned above will give you good frames.
  19. andrewcarr said:
    I wouldn't recommend the powercolor brand at all. That is reason enough to go with a different brand.
    Here is a list of worst to best performance

    550Ti
    6850
    6870 or 560 (same)
    560Ti
    Whichever you can get the best price on I would go with.

    Nothing wrong with Power Color mate I have used the all.
  20. Best answer selected by AirB28.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Compatibility Build Systems Product