Sign in with
Your question

Asus 6950 directcu ii noise when gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2012 3:37:31 PM

i got a asus 6950 directcu ii and noticed when im playing dead island it makes a noise like electronic chirpping noise :D  is this normal i cant hear it with case shut because of the fans i have in my pc. I have only heard it because i had my ear to it to check fan noise

More about : asus 6950 directcu noise gaming

a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 3:44:45 PM

Could be Cabling within the heat sink getting caught in the fan shroud some how. But if its the fan on its on. Most likely a Driver issue. Drivers have been known to jam the fan speed at 100% or odd speeds when not even needed and stay that speed. Try taking seperating the heatsink from the PCB and see if anything is out of ordinary
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 3:56:58 PM

I dont think thats right, a noise like that. Check the power connection in your card and plug in again tightly. Also check inside the card cover if anything loose in there and contact with fan or the fan itself making this noise. Check the both gpu fan.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 4:05:19 PM

Rockdpm said:
Drivers have been known to jam the fan speed at 100% or odd speeds when not even needed and stay that speed.

But why 100% fan speed will make a noise like electronic chirpping? It may noise louder.
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:47:11 PM

its not the fans lol its coming from the capacitors is this ok
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 4:54:58 PM

No, it is not. It may burn your card. Go for RMA soon and dont use it for safety. If you burn your card then you will not get any warranty service.
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:59:53 PM

i know its not the fan got my ear to it now :D 
m
l
February 1, 2012 5:01:20 PM

sounds like a fax machine or the noise what a spectrum use to make when loading a game its not very loud but u can hear it with ear close
m
l
February 1, 2012 5:02:53 PM

and ive put my fan up using amd overdrive and it makes no noise
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 5:38:45 PM

Just make it sure that inst a capacitor.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 1, 2012 5:50:37 PM

Yea because if the chokes or capacitors on the PCB are shot to ***. then you could have a major power issue with your computer that could end in a firery sparkling death
m
l
!