Sign in with
Your question

How to repair motherboard when the usb ports not working

Last response: in CPUs
July 23, 2012 5:00:23 AM

Hello,
sir my usb port is not working from when i clean my cpu can u say what happen or solution for to solve this prioblem
July 23, 2012 6:45:22 AM

USB ports on the front panel, or the rear I/O ones?
For the front panel ones, you'll see a wire going from your front panel into your motherboard. Actually there will be multiple wires, but find the one that goes into a port like this:

Disconnect, dust off (gently), and reconnect that port. Reboot, and your ports should be working.
m
l
November 3, 2013 6:48:45 AM

kshitijmd said:
USB ports on the front panel, or the rear I/O ones?
For the front panel ones, you'll see a wire going from your front panel into your motherboard. Actually there will be multiple wires, but find the one that goes into a port like this:

Disconnect, dust off (gently), and reconnect that port. Reboot, and your ports should be working.

& how about the rear I/O ones. I purchased a XFX nForce 790i Ultra for near to nothing & one of the USB ports on the back is unknown. If you plug a memory stick in lights momentarily the goes out & the PC does not recognize it.

So far I've tried all the normal disable/uninstall - clear the CMOS jumper on the MB & pull the battery for 5 mins. Of course a fresh install of Windows 7.

Believe there is something physically wrong with the port.

thanks

Edit:
I should start a new thread in the proper forum.
m
l
!