[Unsolved] Looking for parts to rebuild and revive my dead PC.

I'm not sure where to begin with this but I've experienced BSOD a few months ago and gave up on using my PC. (I think the CPU is out)

What I plan to keep:

Budget Range:$500-600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I just want to have a PC up and running again for gaming purposes (Dota 2, D3, Guild Wars 2), and streaming (if possible).

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Parts Preferences: Not sure

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Graphics Card: GTX 260

Corsair DDR3 Ram - 24GB (4 memory sticks 6 GB each)

Cooler (Don't remember which kind but it's worth a bill)

I'm not too sure what I need to fill in the blanks with besides the Motherboard, CPU, Power Supply.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
10 answers Last reply
More about unsolved parts rebuild revive dead
  1. So... what do you want to keep? I'd recommend upgrading your graphics card to a 6870 (correct me if I'm wrong, techies). I'm assuming you can't wait until April 29th since your PC is dead, so I'm going with current hardware:
    CPU: i5-2500k - $190
    GPU: 6870 - $170
    Motherboard: Extreme3 Gen3 - $120
    PSU: I found a great deal on this 750W one: - $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703027

Are you keeping the case? If not, get a HAF 912. I think you're set! As long as you have an HDD, RAM, and a CPU cooler. Do you have your HDD? I didn't include that.
  2. Yeah, I have an HDD, thanks for the response!
  3. ddan49 said:
    So... what do you want to keep? I'd recommend upgrading your graphics card to a 6870 (correct me if I'm wrong, techies). I'm assuming you can't wait until April 29th since your PC is dead, so I'm going with current hardware:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 17-703-027

Are you keeping the case? If not, get a HAF 912. I think you're set! As long as you have an HDD, RAM, and a CPU cooler. Do you have your HDD? I didn't include that.

If I waited till next month, do you have something else in mind? I can probably wait it out. =)
  4. LAMERBOI said:
    If I waited till next month, do you have something else in mind? I can probably wait it out. =)

two words, Ivy Bridge.
  5. ^Yep. Basically, you'd buy an i5-3750k for about $240 (I think), and an ASRock Extreme4 Z77 motherboard for about $150 (it's on newegg right now). Just make sure you buy all of your parts simultaneously!
  6. oh and also, if you wait a month, you could also save a bit more for your budget to pay for maybe, slightly higher end parts, video cards, hard drive, heck you might even want some new case fans, a little extra budget cash is never a bad thing.
  7. By the way, updates on the price:

i5-3750k is going to be $225
    ASRock Extreme4 is $140
  8. ddan49 said:
    So... what do you want to keep? I'd recommend upgrading your graphics card to a 6870 (correct me if I'm wrong, techies). I'm assuming you can't wait until April 29th since your PC is dead, so I'm going with current hardware:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 17-703-027

That link for the 750w PSU won't work :cry:
  9. Argh... I love how I didn't even put the name of it. I changed it... it's the PC cooling Silence MK II Silver rated 750W...
  10. Oh.. those are pretty nice
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product