....Help....... lost pictures digital camera compact flash..

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 17, 2005 6:47:07 PM

Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

Anyway to get these back?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 9:12:59 AM

David A <Hoofr@verizon.net> wrote:
>Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
>Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???

There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?

What did you use to view the card contents?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer@bolt.sonic.net> wrote in message
news:D 92usq$keb$1@bolt.sonic.net...
> David A <Hoofr@verizon.net> wrote:
>>Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
>>Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???
>
> There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?
>
> What did you use to view the card contents?

His eyes!!!

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:19:26 AM

I.P. Standing <thelongyellowstream@pissoff.com> wrote:
>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer@bolt.sonic.net> wrote in message
>> David A <Hoofr@verizon.net> wrote:

>>>Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
>>>Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???
>>
>> There was nothing else at all on the card? No directories, no files?
>>
>> What did you use to view the card contents?
>>
>His eyes!!!

Then no wonder he couldn't see any pictures since eyes cannot read CF
cards. They require fairly advanced electronics to convert files to
images.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

"David A" <Hoofr@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Took 600 pictures on Canon Digital Rebel 300d, on a 1 gig lexar Compact
> Flash card, got home and all I had were about 25 XXX.ctg files ???
>

> Anyway to get these back?

It turns out, the .ctg files are the normal files under the canonmsc
folder. It was all the xxx.jpg files that were simply gone. I tried the
datarescue program and it retrieved them all and a few others too.

have no idea why or how this happened. pictures are back and I am happy

David.
!