lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I have been trying to find out if nVidia has corrected all the problems they have been having with the new drivers for the GeForce GTX 560 series graphics cards. Due to the freezing, tearing and other odd things that happened when I installed the 285.65, 280.26 and 290.36 drivers, I ended up going back to the 275.33 in order to obtain a stable drive for my new card.

I have been trying to follow all the forums related to these nVidia drivers but have not been able to ascertain if anything has been fixed yet. I still experience occasional freezing on browsing and viewing videos on the internet, some odd green color splashes when viewing dvds but really am in need of some solid information for updating my driver for this card.

I play SWTOR and every once in a while I see some graphic glitches that the BioWare folks swear is my driver although they cannot verify that since so many other folks experience similar issues with different cards.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

The following is my pc setup:
===================================================
Galaxy 56NPH6HS4IXX GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

GIGABYTE GA-X48-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550

LOGISYS Computer PS480D2 480W ATX12V Power Supply (modular type: dx11 500 series good upgrade)

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI

Seagate SSD Hybrid MomentusXT 465 GB

DM186

Splendid
Replacing sometimes does the trick but have you used the driver sweeper to make sure that all old drivers are gone. I had the same problem with the 285.62 would not work so I had roll back to the 280.26 which my cards are fine.

Here is a good link for you to look at all the Nvidia drivers at once. The two drivers that I have shown here are non beta drivers as you will see when you click on serch on the web page.

Just try running them again after you use driver sweeper. Then if nothing has change you might have to change the card. I hope this works for you and it is an easy fix because anything else sucks.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Actually the card is brand new. It was a replacement for the original (same card) that got fried when I first installed it. The tech said the first one had a bad ram chip which caused the problem. However, I am not the only one experiencing these issues and we all have one thing in common, we all play SWTOR, but don't have same graphics cards or pc setups.

So...once the new card was tested and worked, we just rolled the driver back since the newer drivers seemed to also not be that stable. The tech actually did a clean sweep on my machine and removed all the old card drivers as well.

DM186

Splendid
So the tech rolled back the driver? Have you tried the newer drivers again? I wonder how the game would cause a driver problem. This is a new one on me. I guess this one is beyond my scope of helping. I hope you figure it out because that sucks. Good luck

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Yes...it is a pain. But BioWare is aware of these problems and all I have gotten from them is "we are investigating this" which is not helping. Many of my own guild mates have issues as well and they have different drivers, different cards, older pcs and newer pcs.

Some are extremely tech savy and say that the graphics in the game are buggy and there is a memory leak which causes the game to start getting very jerky after playing for several hours. Only fix found for that is to reboot your pc, which is not our fault but is caused by something in the game engine.

Lots of suggestions have been sent to BW for possible fixes, we have yet to get a reply so are still waiting. Tonight I played for over 4 hours without any problems. We had a patch on Tuesday which seemed to fix a lot of issues....but not a word was said about what all those fixes were.

Guess BW doesn't know either.

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

I really appreciate your response with this information. I have made notes so that if I need to, I can refer to them. I have passed them onto my tech guy. He is aware of these things too and says my card is working just fine and passed all the tests he ran on it including a stress test.

BTW I have had no issues with Utube videos, EQII game or other visual things ....but have hope since a lot of the little things that were bothering me seem to have gone away since the last patch on Tuesday. :D