X650 competitor / same back for buck?

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I'm just wondering of theres another psu out there that is just is amazing as the x650 but cheaper. I know it will probably not be as hq, but you get what you pay for. If I'm just dreaming and nothing like this exists please tell me.
I just want to reduce my budget.

Solution
You pay for what you get. The X series is absolutely beyond most common psu designs and truly what you consider to be "high end" and absolutely is worth every penny.

S12II are good enough for most and infact most of the popular PSU's are based on the same platform or comparable one. But the X series goes above and beyond to get the highest efficiency, quality, and stability platform and that's why it cost so much relative the rest of the PSUs.

Other high quality PSU series are the aforementioned S12II/M12II and also the corsair TX / HX units, Antec HCG, pro, XFX, and select other units.

kissingman

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I have purchased 7 Seasonic S12II series PSU for my friends. All of those working great except one of it failed after half year, but the seller back to me a new one in few days. So as my opinion, S12II series is good choice. Of course, Seasonic X series is amazing. and i just got X560 for myself. But i believe that S12II series still could meet most people's request very well even without the features of X series, and since you wanna save your money, perhaps you should low your request first.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
You pay for what you get. The X series is absolutely beyond most common psu designs and truly what you consider to be "high end" and absolutely is worth every penny.

S12II are good enough for most and infact most of the popular PSU's are based on the same platform or comparable one. But the X series goes above and beyond to get the highest efficiency, quality, and stability platform and that's why it cost so much relative the rest of the PSUs.

Other high quality PSU series are the aforementioned S12II/M12II and also the corsair TX / HX units, Antec HCG, pro, XFX, and select other units.

Solution
Assuming that you are talking about US prices...

Rosewill Capstone 650-M 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182263

Similar efficiency, similar voltage regulation, ripple and noise is probably slightly worse (not a big deal though, if you're trying to save money), semi-modular, same number of connectors, similar lengths of cables. It might not be fanless but it's still very quiet in idle, and it would actually be quieter at maximum load.

TRENDING THREADS