media/sounds clips

hi - under w2000 i was able to view/hear media/sound clips under windows
explorer - can't find how to turn on this feature as a preview of files in
the nav-bar - hope to hear suggestions, tia [couldn't locate anything under
search engines]
3 answers Last reply
More about media sounds clips

    Right click a media/sound clip | Click Play.

    Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
    General tab | Select: ? Show common tasks in folders |
    Apply | OK
    [[Specifies that hyperlinks to common folder tasks and other places on your
    computer are displayed in folders. These links appear in the left pane of
    the folder window.]]

    In a Pictures or Videos folder you will get the appropriate menu in the left
    hand pane.
    Preview will be in the left hand pane under Details.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:eosUB5MwEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Indie <ninedie@hotmail.PISSOFFSPAM.com> hunted and pecked:
    > hi - under w2000 i was able to view/hear media/sound clips under
    > windows explorer - can't find how to turn on this feature as a
    > preview of files in the nav-bar - hope to hear suggestions, tia
    > [couldn't locate anything under search engines]

    In a folder with video files, the left-hand pane shows "Video Tasks", "File
    and Folder Tasks", "Other Places" and "Details" sections. The details section
    shows the details of the selected file, but no "preview" button, link or
    option exists in this section. In a folder with audio files "Music Tasks" is
    substituted for "Video Tasks", but again there is no option to preview or
    play the file in windows explorer.

    It was nice being able to play a video or audio file in windows explorer
    without having to open a media player. I guess Windows XP just shows the
    first frame of the video when you view the folder contents as thumbnails and
    that's the extent of the preview, but there is no preview of any kind for
    audio files.

    Other file explorers have this capability like ACDSee for example. I don't
    see why Microsoft would remove it from theirs.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Right click a media/sound clip | Click Play.
    >
    > Start | Run | Type: control folders | OK |
    > General tab | Select: Â? Show common tasks in folders |
    > Apply | OK
    > [[Specifies that hyperlinks to common folder tasks and other places on your
    > computer are displayed in folders. These links appear in the left pane of
    > the folder window.]]
    >
    > In a Pictures or Videos folder you will get the appropriate menu in the left
    > hand pane.
    > Preview will be in the left hand pane under Details.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:eosUB5MwEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > Indie <ninedie@hotmail.PISSOFFSPAM.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > hi - under w2000 i was able to view/hear media/sound clips under
    > > windows explorer - can't find how to turn on this feature as a
    > > preview of files in the nav-bar - hope to hear suggestions, tia
    > > [couldn't locate anything under search engines]

    I found a workaround see

    http://digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=24520
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak352.aspx