http://xbox.ign.com/articles/609/609884p1.html

Gamespot gave it a 9.2
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/forzamotorsport/review.html

GamePro gave it 5/5
http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/18635/info.shtml

TeamXbox gave it a 9.8
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/940/Forza-Motorsport/p1/

theOne wrote:
> substance. That was my initial impression. I expected it to look
better
> than GT4 in the car modeling and it didn't.

The cars in Forza seem to be more detailed but they look less realistic
than the GT4 cars because Forza's shading is not as dark as GT4. I've
been arguing with massivegrooves about this. I compared the Porsche in
the Forza demo with the RUF cars in GT4, and the Forza model looks more
like a real Porsche to me.

theone

Hank the Rapper wrote:
> 4.5 stars.
> http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html

I couldnt agree with that review more. Especially the part about
modeling and how Forza doesn't have that immediate WOW factor (as GT4),
but nonetheless turns out to really be a kick ass game because of its
substance. That was my initial impression. I expected it to look better
than GT4 in the car modeling and it didn't. Plus some of the maps (like
that maple circuit I keep coming back too) look weak....but when I
started playing I greatly appreciated the graphics modeling, the high
level of customization, and the ability to replace that swanky music
with some custom soundtracks. I don't have live atm , but that really is
the icing on the cake isnt it?

Tommy Stenberg wrote:
> <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > theOne wrote:
> >> substance. That was my initial impression. I expected it to look
> > better
> >> than GT4 in the car modeling and it didn't.
> >
> > The cars in Forza seem to be more detailed but they look less
realistic
> > than the GT4 cars because Forza's shading is not as dark as GT4.
I've
> > been arguing with massivegrooves about this. I compared the
Porsche in
> > the Forza demo with the RUF cars in GT4, and the Forza model looks
more
> > like a real Porsche to me.
> >

> Now that's a surprise. RUF aren't Porsches. RUF is RUF. It's an
actual car,
> you know.
>
> Tommy

RUF did not manufacture the cars in GT4. I know that RUF has
manufactured a couple of its own cars but they mostly just modify
Porsches. RUF like to come up with their own model names but everyone
still knows they're just Porsches.

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> 4.5 stars.
> http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html

Just picked it up. My first thoughts are that it plays fun as I just toy
around with different cars and tracks, and seems fairly easy to get into.
Then I discovered there is a possibility for tuning your car as you see fit.

First big gripe however, are the built-in sound tracks. How annoying. So now
I am spending time that I could be playing, ripping several CD's to my XBOX
so I don't get thoroughly annoyed. Oh well If that's its only big error,
then they have a winner.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > 4.5 stars.
> > http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html
> >

> Just picked it up. My first thoughts are that it plays fun as I just toy
> around with different cars and tracks, and seems fairly easy to get into.
> Then I discovered there is a possibility for tuning your car as you see
fit.

> First big gripe however, are the built-in sound tracks. How annoying. So
now
> I am spending time that I could be playing, ripping several CD's to my
XBOX
> so I don't get thoroughly annoyed. Oh well If that's its only big error,
> then they have a winner.

What about the frame rate?
Does it seem silky smooth or can you tell it's only 30fps?

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Hank the Rapper wrote:
>> 4.5 stars.
>> http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html
>
> That's not all...

[Deleted long list of referenced links giving good reviews]

I just check out Metacritic first since they look at lots of different
reviews and give you the average score normalized to a 100 point scale.

For Forza Motorsport the ranking is 95/100 which is excellent. This rating
may change once more reviews are in, but most of the major game review
sources have already been posted. Many of the remaining sources will be
magazines and some online game sites that are a bit off the beaten trail.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/forzamotorsport

I'm not a big fan of racing games, but I'll probably pick up this game in a
few months once the price a used copy of the game has dropped to a
reasonable bargain price.

BTW, there was a favorable review of the game in Popular Science magazine.
The article is cited on Microsoft's Xbox site:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/2005/0311-forzatestdrive.htm

theone

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>4.5 stars.
>>http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html
>>

> Just picked it up. My first thoughts are that it plays fun as I just toy
> around with different cars and tracks, and seems fairly easy to get into.
> Then I discovered there is a possibility for tuning your car as you see fit.
>
> First big gripe however, are the built-in sound tracks. How annoying. So now
> I am spending time that I could be playing, ripping several CD's to my XBOX
> so I don't get thoroughly annoyed. Oh well If that's its only big error,
> then they have a winner.

that's exactly what I did. Nothing better than "Harajuku Girls" while
driving on the Tokyo Circuit.

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > 4.5 stars.
>> > http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/forza-motorsport/609599p1.html
>> >

>> Just picked it up. My first thoughts are that it plays fun as I just toy
>> around with different cars and tracks, and seems fairly easy to get into.
>> Then I discovered there is a possibility for tuning your car as you see
> fit.
>>
>> First big gripe however, are the built-in sound tracks. How annoying. So
> now
>> I am spending time that I could be playing, ripping several CD's to my
> XBOX
>> so I don't get thoroughly annoyed. Oh well If that's its only big error,
>> then they have a winner.
>
> What about the frame rate?
> Does it seem silky smooth or can you tell it's only 30fps?

So far so good. I did a few races for fun and didn't notice any slowdowns.
It seems to be pretty smooth from what I can tell.