Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • TV
  • Computer
  • Boot
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2012 7:41:20 PM

Hello, I'm having issues with a computer I have built myself a while back. I use a television as my monitor screen and have not been having any issues with my computer, but I recently purchased a Sony PS3 3D Display, and now I'm having issues with my video signal. If the DVI cable is plugged in, I'll see the bios screen, but windows will never boot up. However, if I unplug the DVI cable before I boot up, and wait until I hear the beep and then plug it in, windows boots up and I can use my computer perfectly. It seems t happen with this TV only as I tried it on my previous TV and my computer worked fine. I'd just like to not have to keep plugging and unplugging my computer in every time, and hopefully this isn't attributed to a larger problem.

My graphics card is a GeForce 8800 GS and I'm running an AMD Phenom II x2 555 processor. The motherboard is a Biostar TA890GXB HD.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

More about : computer boot properly hooked

February 1, 2012 7:55:41 PM

If I were you, I'd be asking SONY.
m
l
July 26, 2012 12:19:37 AM

I have the same problem with a Sony XBR(4?) TV and 8600GTS DVI -> HDMI. If the DVI cable is plugged in a boot, BIOS will post but windows will never boot. Component video works fine but only at 1080i so that isn't an option. My other computer with GTX470 never had this problem and it's really pissing me off.

EDIT: also even if I leave it for hours it won't boot but ctrl-alt-delete will still reset the machine.
m
l
August 31, 2012 5:26:02 PM

jdkarches said:
Hello, I'm having issues with a computer I have built myself a while back. I use a television as my monitor screen and have not been having any issues with my computer, but I recently purchased a Sony PS3 3D Display, and now I'm having issues with my video signal. If the DVI cable is plugged in, I'll see the bios screen, but windows will never boot up. However, if I unplug the DVI cable before I boot up, and wait until I hear the beep and then plug it in, windows boots up and I can use my computer perfectly. It seems t happen with this TV only as I tried it on my previous TV and my computer worked fine. I'd just like to not have to keep plugging and unplugging my computer in every time, and hopefully this isn't attributed to a larger problem.

My graphics card is a GeForce 8800 GS and I'm running an AMD Phenom II x2 555 processor. The motherboard is a Biostar TA890GXB HD.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I am having the exact same issue and I thought I was going crazy.

I have reformatted, and still the same issue. Did anyone ever solve this?
m
l
!