My personal settings are not being restored at startup or restart. I have
made no changes to settings in several weeks...this appears to have started
for no apparent reason.

Has anyone else experienced this?

"ghostir" wrote:

> My personal settings are not being restored at startup or restart. I have
> made no changes to settings in several weeks...this appears to have started
> for no apparent reason.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

It might be helpful for me to mention that, upon startup, my desktop and
settings are that of a new XP installation...even asks if I want a tour of
XP, every time.

Hi,

You may want to download and apply this edit:

Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My personal settings are not being restored at startup or restart. I have
> made no changes to settings in several weeks...this appears to have started
> for no apparent reason.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Anando...but those settings did not correct the situation.

....ghostir

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may want to download and apply this edit:
>
> Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)

> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My personal settings are not being restored at startup or restart. I have
> > made no changes to settings in several weeks...this appears to have started
> > for no apparent reason.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?

I am sorry but i am running out of ideas here.

--

> Thanks, Anando...but those settings did not correct the situation.
>
> ...ghostir
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You may want to download and apply this edit:
>>
>> Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My personal settings are not being restored at startup or restart. I have
>> > made no changes to settings in several weeks...this appears to have started
>> > for no apparent reason.
>> >
>> > Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks anyhow...looks like this might require a repair install of XP.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> I am sorry but i am running out of ideas here.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Anando...but those settings did not correct the situation.
> >
> > ...ghostir
> >
> > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You may want to download and apply this edit:
> >>
> >> Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Anando
> >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >> http://www.mvps.org
> >>
> >> Folder customizations
> >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
> >>
> >> Protect your PC!
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >>

> >> "ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

kelly

Which personal settings exactly?

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

> Thanks anyhow...looks like this might require a repair install of XP.
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I am sorry but i am running out of ideas here.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "ghostir" <ghostir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, Anando...but those settings did not correct the situation.
>> >
>> > ...ghostir

ALL personal settings...wallpaper, folder options, desktop icons, quickstart
options, network connections...are reverted back to initial install defaults.

My user name and password are preserved, however.