Windows 7 vs Vista vs XP---What's your preference???

What's your OS of Choice?

• Windows 7

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

specopspc

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Whats your OS of Choice?

Windows 7 vs Vista vs Xp which do you prefer and why?
Also which do you think is lighter/faster overall?

Lets hear it...!! :bounce:

Well, you are in the W7 forum asking this question. Are you expecting Vista and XP to win? Very bad survey design this one.

If you are using this for homework/research or simply trying to know the general trend of consumers, this poll is not going to give you an unbiased answer.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
If a person has never used Win 7, how would they know? If a person using XP has never used Win 7.......Vista........
I really like my newer Intel 2500K vs my old AMD Phenom 4 945

4745454b

Titan
Vista is garbage. (sorry alyoshka, just sayiing...) Toss up between XP and 7. XP is what I'm used to and I like it a bit better then 7. But 7 can be restrictive compared to XP but is the only gaming OS for DX10 and 11 games. While I prefer XP I use win7.

I've used XP for years - skipped right over Vista because of all the initial problems. I use Win7 64bit because I have 6G of RAM. I like Win7 and have nothing bad to say about it.
-Bruce

pauls3743

Distinguished
I've been a fan of most versions of Windows going all the way back to Windows 95 (I still run Win 98).

Vista was the one I liked the least, I couldn't fully use it as a 64-bit OS until a year after release when all the drivers and patches had finally caught up with it.

My personal favourite just now is Win 7. It has the maturity and support that vista developed, it also has a number of intuitive features like the taskbar buttons which double up as previews and the windows which snap to the edges of the screen. It just feels a nicer gui.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Window 7 is like a optimized version of Vista with a few more features, even when Vista has SP2 and the Platform Upgrade.

Windows xp? It's okay, but it should be avoided like a plague when Microsoft drops all support for it in 2014. There aren't many great software that lived past a decade.

I use now Win7 x64bit as a primary system + occasionally Win XP for my old film Nikon scanner and some old games.

I skipped Vista completely after I gave it 2 shots. Didn't last longer than 2-3 weeks.

Yeah Geek...... that was cool...........Same case here, Win 8 is certainly going to be the next OS on my list. The Deve Ed has really got me all hooked up cos of it's speed.... So Win 7...... was never in the books ....

XP is much lighter and faster and more user friendly. Vista Sucks and Windows 7 is just a much improved Vista. I would admit that Windows 7 has many nifty features but in my opinion its draw backs out weigh its advantages over Windows XP. I use all three operating systems regularly and much prefer to work on XP.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Even though I still use XP, I will be dumping it for Windows 7/8 as soon as I can afford a new system. Mainly so I can be up to date on software and hardware (Socket 775 system, No SATA ports, etc).

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Currently on XP because Windows 7 does not support my on-board audio. Also, legacy games do not work on Windows 7.
BTW, I'm posting this from Ubuntu.
I also had Vista, it worked fine for me; I tried Windows 7 after it but have returned to XP and using it for the last 1.5 years.

Vista is not the worst OS ever designed. Windows ME is.

XP has no advantages over windows 7. Realistically no one should ever be putting it on a new computer(unless you already have it and are cheap). 7 is also more stable

I never had any problems with Vista, but its really just a lesser version of 7. with some annoying features, and poor resource management. Again no logical reason to use it.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I've used most of Microsoft's OS's since DOS 2.0. I did manage to miss ME and 2000.

I currently own 4 PC's- a desktop CAD workstation with XP, my home machine with W7, and my workstation laptop with Vista Pro. Some days I manage to use all 3 of these. I also have a small travel laptop with W7. I have no real problems with any of these 3 versions of the OS. In general Vista boots much slower than the others (I helped that a lot by installing an SSD in that machine), and I like the look of 7 the best. Each of the 3 versions has a different implementation of "my documents", and I like that part best on XP. Overall I suppose I like 7 the best, but nor for any overwhelming reason.