How much would this be worth on craigslist or something...

strohmz

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
How much do you guys think this rig would be worth on cragslist or some other selling thing.

Specs:
ASUS M4A88T Motherboard
Rosewill 750w PS
One Hitachi 500gb (5400 rpm) and one SeaGate 250gb (5400 rpm)
XFX HD 6950 2gb
SMC wireless N connector
Phenom 2 x4 975 (3.6ghz)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
8gb installed ram @ 1600 (room for one more)
Two DVD drives
Lexa Blackline Case
Red neon light and red light on fans

and perhaps a Auria 24" screen

If you need anymore info, just ask.

6950 isnt a bad card. but only worth money to someone who needs one to crossfire. I see a decent system. although some rosewill psus are crap, and some are great. and I don't like xfx but that's me. Slow harddrives. Asus board... But its a dead end system. not a bad one. but no where to go on CPU or gpu, not worth the money. I assume OEM windows, so no board upgrades..

Thing is gamers don't look on Craigslist, people looking for cheap do. if I stumbled across it and was looking for something for my girlfriend to game on I'd probably go 450 or 5. maybe 6 or 650 with the monitor if I liked it.

its just a notch or 2 below mine. and I'm very happy with it right now. but I wouldn't sink money into a system like it at this point

strohmz

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
What place would you recommend me sell my stuff, I'm just looking to replace this thing with a lappy is all (I don't want to hear that this is better than any laptop I'll ever get, I just want a laptop). Should I sell it piece by piece or all at once?

strohmz

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

I actually already upgraded the motherboard from the one I had before, and Windows didn't freak out on me or go non-genuine or anything.

its just a tough sell. with what it is. again a nice system. but shipping etc if not local. I'd keep it. but if you need a laptop.... people on Craigslist just don't know their parts. Its really going to come down to finding the right buyer. Which is.more likely on tech sites with informed buyers

if you knew a friend looking that'd help I bet. maybe a trade? I have a decent laptop I paid 1300 for 2 or 3 years ago (and I got a great deal) that I barely ever use now, even though its decent with dedicated gpu. wouldn't hold up to a 6950 but you cant expect that from a laptop. if.I needed a desktop I might consider a trade and paying a little. maybe a local small PC shop would know what u have too for a trade.

and again. I am speaking for me. every buyer is different. someone might jump on it. as i said i.might if i had a use for it. so no harm in trying for the price you want. just tryin to be helpful or suggest some options to get you where you want to be.