Sign in with
Your question

Event ID 7000 AODdriver4.1 error fix

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2012 8:44:42 PM

Hi and good day all. :) 

Right after I updated my graphics drivers from Catalyst 11.11 to 12.2, I noticed this once I enabled 'hidden devices', in device manager.

As you can see, the new drivers are still using the previous version, 4.01, instead of 4.1.

Sure, a registry cleaner will or should fix this. But if you're like me and do not like using them, then here is how I fixed it without having to re install the drivers. (lucked/logic'ed out on the first attempt :p  )

To check and see if you have this problem, go to the control panel, right click device manager and 'run as admin'. Then select view and click show hidden devices. If present, the non plug and play tab will be open and be easy to see. Right click the one labelled 4.01, choose 'uninstall' and DO NOT :non:  reboot just yet.

Next, bring up the registry editor. Navigate to, HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SYSTEM/Controlset001/services and delete the AODdriver4.01 folder entry. There is one more in Controlset002/services. Get rid of that one too and reboot. :) 

Once back on the desktop, the last thing to do is go back to the registry editor and delete all the remaining 4.01's.

Time to benchmark these babies ! lol

pEACe
March 22, 2012 2:50:23 PM

Thanks pEACe, that worked for me. In the last step, searching after reboot, all the remaining 4.01s were legacy entries and wouldn't delete. Do they really need to be? Event Viewer now clear of this error.
March 22, 2012 10:44:51 PM

Hi Highstream :)  .. Good to hear and .. no probs.

Did you remove the right version ?

If you can't delete the folder, it means its still in use. Or you might not me logged in as Admin.

'pEACe' is not my name lol... I'm Magikherbs and soon to be Hippie Tech, if the forum mod(s) will make it so. ;) 
Related resources
June 18, 2012 1:23:05 AM

After rebooting I cannot find anything that is AODDriver 4.01. Where should I be looking?

I even tried searching the registry and that didnt come up with anything? Does that mean I am good to go?

Also, does this cause the system to crash? I get the blue screen of death and thats why i started investigating what was wrong.

Thanks
June 21, 2012 3:13:51 PM

Instead of deleting registry values manually, you can use following command in an elevated command prompt:
Quote:
sc delete AODDriver4.1

It would be safer. ;) 
July 19, 2012 6:48:18 PM

Geez ;)  I should log in once in a while lol..

Thx for the tip vinix. :) 

The newer drivers have fixed that.

pEACe
June 8, 2014 10:39:29 AM

Thank you!

I know its 2014 but i used the same method to fix my AODDriver4.3

It was using the 4.2 version
June 23, 2014 12:29:18 PM

How can I do this on Windows 8.1? This is happening to me too with AODDriver 4.3... There is no Non-Plig and Play tab for me in device manager, even though I view hidden and ran as admin.
June 24, 2014 6:32:00 AM

jkteddy77 said:
How can I do this on Windows 8.1? This is happening to me too with AODDriver 4.3... There is no Non-Plig and Play tab for me in device manager, even though I view hidden and ran as admin.

I dont know, I use windows 7 so I can't help, I checked quickly on google and there doesn't seem to be any answer.

Maybe you could make a new thread about this since this one is old, im sure theres a lot of windows expert that can help you.
June 25, 2014 7:46:09 PM

jkteddy77 said:

Have you tried "sc delete AODDriver4.3" in Command Prompt with administrator privilege?
June 25, 2014 10:12:43 PM

vinix said:
jkteddy77 said:

Have you tried "sc delete AODDriver4.3" in Command Prompt with administrator privilege?

I want to delete drive 4.2 and keep 4.3 right... I found one registry entry containing 4.2, deleted it, and kept AOD4.3 there. Hasn't happened since (3 days, going on 4 without it). I'll update here if it does again.
!