RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I just finished my computer build. After I installed my H100, and booted, I got a CPU Fan Error warning. I entered the bios, because I had read that often times that happens with H100's and Asus motherboards.
However the mother board did not even register the H100 at all. And my CPU temps kept climbing up and up. They hovered at about 81 C... way too hot... does this mean my pump is not working?

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Did you fix it yourself?
Or am I going to have to RMA and wait for another one to come in the mail?

Solution
G
Show up in bios? The Bios will not recognize the H100. You would likely see a static rpm for the cpu fan though. Could be a faulty unit, but I am thinking install related. The molex connector broke? The pins pushed out of it or the actual plug is cracked?
What cooler were you previously using? Or is this a new install/build? Checking your thermal paste patch is good idea.This will tell you if the screws are tight enough. Remember, tighten the screws in a diagonal pattern after you have secured the backplate.

Be patient with it a bit longer. Have you posted anything in the Corsair forums? I`m still thinking something has been overlooked. no offense, we`ve all done it - that`s largely why we`re in these forums.
G

I have the H100 on an Asus board. no problems. As mentioned earlier, look over your installation. This unit requires power from a molex connector. In addition, you`ll need to connect the fan plug from the pump to the CPU fan header. Finally, the fans for the radiator are plugged into the base of the pump. If everything checks out electrically, then you may have a mounting issue. The install guide included with the unit illustrates how to properly mount the pump to your board.
What CPU are you runnning? I have a i5 that under load will run 30c - 35c.

RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Thanks mcnumpty23, but I actually followed this video when installing my H100. Thanks though!

RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Thats just the thing. I made the molex connection, the pump lights up, but when I plug in the pwm fan connection into my cpu fan port on mobo it doesn't show up in bios... at all.

The molex that came with my h100 unit was flimsy and fell apart when I went to plug it in the first time. However I was able to get it plugged in just fine.

I have the pump body pretty tight on my mobo... im afraid to tighten it down much more.

you could Remove the H100 from the case put it on a bench with a PSU and power it to see if you feel some vibration

from the pump ... you can power the PSU by shorting the green and a black wire

or if you are carefull not to touch anything else put your finger on top of the pump while its in the pc to see if you feel

vibration

seems like either the pumps not working or its not properly on the cpu--can check contact by removing it and seeing if the

thermal paste is evenly spread on the cpu

G

Show up in bios? The Bios will not recognize the H100. You would likely see a static rpm for the cpu fan though. Could be a faulty unit, but I am thinking install related. The molex connector broke? The pins pushed out of it or the actual plug is cracked?
What cooler were you previously using? Or is this a new install/build? Checking your thermal paste patch is good idea.This will tell you if the screws are tight enough. Remember, tighten the screws in a diagonal pattern after you have secured the backplate.

Be patient with it a bit longer. Have you posted anything in the Corsair forums? I`m still thinking something has been overlooked. no offense, we`ve all done it - that`s largely why we`re in these forums.

Solution

RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

It must be the pump... everything else seems to be in working order. Another thing I neglected to mention, my corsair connector is really flimsy. I am going to try and pull the prongs out of the plastic case and plug them directly into the plug for a better fit.

Perhaps I am not drawing enough power from the psu to power the pump, but enough to power the fans.

RobertBaratheon

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

No offense taken, this is what forums are for. I am now removing the molex prongs from the h100 and plugging them directly into the psu molex. It just needs more power to get the pump working... or so I hope.