Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 on 220watt

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2012 10:00:19 PM

is it possible to do this with out messing up anything? or some how lowering settings on card?
also wanted 2 know if
i get this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
psu would it fit on my

emachine i got now http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/model/PT.NBK0...

and if ill be able 2 pass it on to my new computer im

getting http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

i know i askd alot so any answers would do really newbie at
this wanted 2 make sure im not just throwing away $ thx....
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:06:31 PM

Diablotek is garbage.

For PSU's stick with SeaSonic, Antec, XFX, and OCZ (there are a few other good ones, those are on the top of my head though).

Never get a PSU just because it is cheap. You don't want a bad PSU sending bad power to expensive components possibly ruining large components such as your motherboard or GPU or even HDD (and thus lose your data)
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:13:15 PM

I agree to a point that you need a better power supply. But sometimes the third party companies can be just as good depending on what you use it for. I've had cheap power supplies last and work with clean power for years on my other computers. The only time i ever had a problem with them is if you try to pull too much power than the cheaper ones dont have overload protection.

You also have to think that if they made a product that doesn't work they wouldn't be in business anymore because of getting sued and people not buying their products because i've seen diablotek around for years and for 30$ thats a good buy in my opinion at least its not a power supply with no stickers on it at all like some are that are cheap.

Granted they dont have 80+ certification but if your only pulling small amounts of power what good is certification? Even a 70% power efficiency is good enough for a small load.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:17:54 PM

You can get a good Antec for $50 that has higher quality parts, protections against voltage changes and overloads, and 80-plus for efficiency. Between the brands I listed you have like over 100 PSU's to pick from. Why would you risk your entire system on a cheap supply? You can get cheap GPU. You can get cheap CPU. You can get a cheap mobo. But why on EARTH would you risk that whole investment to save a few bucks on the most important component?
Score
February 1, 2012 10:28:24 PM

thank you guys for the quick responses and any links you guys have would help
also do you think that sapphire radeon hd 5570 would work on my psu i got now 220watt?
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:31:38 PM

It would be stretching it more that I'd be comfortable recommending. So no especially since the PSU is a prebuilt OEM one of questionable source. Is your PSU a standard ATX PSU (regular size desktop)
Score
February 1, 2012 10:37:13 PM

no clue how 2 it looks can i remove case while its on?
Score
February 1, 2012 10:38:09 PM

it looks like that but its a 220 watt
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:41:32 PM

You can remove the side while its on, just don't touch anything inside.

If it looks exactly like that, then buy that supply and you could put a 6570 in. That's a Seasonic supply, and Seasonic is the best in the biz.
Score
February 1, 2012 10:45:26 PM

im going to take a pic of the inside just 2 be sure im not over calling this
Score
February 1, 2012 10:49:46 PM

o.O wow i have no clue where 2 put it so u can see it fml:l

p.s sorry for taking alot of ur time
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:52:52 PM

Use Imageshack or Photobucket to upload from your computer then post the
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 10:57:39 PM

That isn't a TFX supply. I'm not sure what that is, might be proprietary.

I hate when slim cases by OEM's don't use TFX. That is pretty much the widely accepted low-profile PSU.
Score
February 1, 2012 11:05:14 PM

my budget is like 150$ could be a bit more any ideas :c?
Score
February 1, 2012 11:10:56 PM

is there any other thing i can tell you so u can help me?o.O
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 11:19:48 PM

Is your computer upside-down in that pic? If it is, then it looks like you have a Micro ATX board and you could just plop your components into a new case with a new PSU and still be under your $150 budget.

However, a Celeron will limit your GPU choices because you will start being CPU bottlenecked. I would save for a new computer.
Score
February 1, 2012 11:33:14 PM

Vettedude said:
Is your computer upside-down in that pic? If it is, then it looks like you have a Micro ATX board and you could just plop your components into a new case with a new PSU and still be under your $150 budget.

However, a Celeron will limit your GPU choices because you will start being CPU bottlenecked. I would save for a new computer.

Best advice that could be given. Be patient, and try checking out newegg when the time comes. I've had good luck with newegg's open box items, they are very cheap, and I haven't had any issues with reliability yet. The biggest regrets I've had with computers was being impatient, I got a q9400 for my old 775 socket system right before the core i series processors first started coming out, I wasn't too happy later on.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 11:43:26 PM

Build your own system if you can. Its fun, you learn a lot about computers, and its pretty easy. If not, get a regular size desktop, makes upgrades so much easier. I got a slim with my Dell Studio, its now in a fullsize case (since I salved it since I love the Core 2 Quad in it, I'm typing on it now) and upgraded a bit, but I'll never buy another slim again. Just gonna build from now on.
February 1, 2012 11:47:39 PM

i like my slim cuz i take to my friends house from time to time and play world of warcraft or league of legends ect...with them o.O and surprising enough not a laptop person xD
Score
February 2, 2012 12:02:47 AM

thx
Score
February 2, 2012 12:03:02 AM

Best answer selected by torak2928.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 2, 2012 12:14:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!