Best Simcard to get for an ex-orange

Long time no post... :)

Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked from
using another simcard.

I've got the choice of:

5210
5110
3310

And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with

Suggestions please
9 answers Last reply
More about best simcard orange

    If you pat all phones are DCT3 types and can get unlocked very cheaply!

    "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message
    > Long time no post... :)
    >

    > Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked
    from
    > using another simcard.
    >
    > I've got the choice of:
    >
    > 5210
    > 5110
    > 3310
    >
    > And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with
    >
    > Suggestions please

    "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote:

    >Long time no post... :)
    >

    >Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked from
    >using another simcard.
    >
    >I've got the choice of:
    >
    >5210
    >5110
    >3310
    >
    >And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with
    >
    >Suggestions please

    An ex-Orange phone will be locked to Orange no matter
    which model it is. If you get an Orange PAYG you won't
    need to do anything. Once you have had it unlocked you
    can put any network's sim card you like in it.

    However, if it has been reported lost or stolen or it still
    has money owing from a previous contract, you won't be
    able to use it at all (legally).

    --

    Mike, G4LTI
    QSL manager for ZD8I

    <Mike @ www.zd8i.net> wrote in message
    > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Long time no post... :)
    > >

    > >Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked
    from
    > >using another simcard.
    > >
    > >I've got the choice of:
    > >
    > >5210
    > >5110
    > >3310
    > >
    > >And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with
    > >
    > >Suggestions please
    > >

    > An ex-Orange phone will be locked to Orange no matter
    > which model it is. If you get an Orange PAYG you won't
    > need to do anything. Once you have had it unlocked you
    > can put any network's sim card you like in it.
    >
    > However, if it has been reported lost or stolen or it still
    > has money owing from a previous contract, you won't be
    > able to use it at all (legally).

    It's neither of the above... all the phones are mine - the 5110 was bought
    as a PAYG with others are my ex-contract.

    So basically I should be able to get any of them to work just as long as I
    get them unlocked....?

    So which network has the best deal of SMS at the moment?

    "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > So which network has the best deal of SMS at the moment?

    That all depends on how many you want to send in a day/week/month.

    Ivor

    "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message

    > <Mike @ www.zd8i.net> wrote in message
    > > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Long time no post... :)
    > > >

    > > >Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked
    > from
    > > >using another simcard.
    > > >
    > > >I've got the choice of:
    > > >
    > > >5210
    > > >5110
    > > >3310
    > > >
    > > >And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with
    > > >
    > > >Suggestions please
    > > >

    > > An ex-Orange phone will be locked to Orange no matter
    > > which model it is. If you get an Orange PAYG you won't
    > > need to do anything. Once you have had it unlocked you
    > > can put any network's sim card you like in it.
    > >
    > > However, if it has been reported lost or stolen or it still
    > > has money owing from a previous contract, you won't be
    > > able to use it at all (legally).
    >
    > It's neither of the above... all the phones are mine - the 5110 was bought
    > as a PAYG with others are my ex-contract.
    >
    > So basically I should be able to get any of them to work just as long as I
    > get them unlocked....?
    >
    > So which network has the best deal of SMS at the moment?

    Well, if ya going to use the 5110 ( if its originally an orange branded one
    its a 5130 not 5110, as did 121(T-Mobile) do a 5146, vodaphone and cellnet
    (O2) done the 5110) so the orange 5130 was a single band phone set to the
    1800 network so ok for orange or once unlocked T-mobile aswell.
    The choice is yours which pay as ya go 2 get.. some operators do deals for
    txting the same network so think about who you will be txting and see what
    network there on before you make ya mind up... :)

    ORANGE do a good PAYG text deal called "text saver" costs £19.99 gives you
    £5 phone credit and 5 free texts a day for a year (less than 1p each). I
    have seen it at AMAZON as cheap as £13.99

    "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote in message

    > <Mike @ www.zd8i.net> wrote in message
    > > "*Phantom Mendips*" <abuse@lineone.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Long time no post... :)
    > > >

    > > >Which am I least likely to have problems with the handset being blocked
    > from
    > > >using another simcard.
    > > >
    > > >I've got the choice of:
    > > >
    > > >5210
    > > >5110
    > > >3310
    > > >
    > > >And I'm looking to get a PAYG sim thats cheap to send sms with
    > > >
    > > >Suggestions please
    > > >

    > > An ex-Orange phone will be locked to Orange no matter
    > > which model it is. If you get an Orange PAYG you won't
    > > need to do anything. Once you have had it unlocked you
    > > can put any network's sim card you like in it.
    > >
    > > However, if it has been reported lost or stolen or it still
    > > has money owing from a previous contract, you won't be
    > > able to use it at all (legally).
    >
    > It's neither of the above... all the phones are mine - the 5110 was bought
    > as a PAYG with others are my ex-contract.
    >
    > So basically I should be able to get any of them to work just as long as I
    > get them unlocked....?
    >
    > So which network has the best deal of SMS at the moment?

    ·.¸¸.·´¯` Lister ´¯`·.¸¸.· wrote:

    <snip>

    > Well, if ya going to use the 5110 ( if its originally an orange
    > branded one its a 5130 not 5110, as did 121(T-Mobile) do a 5146,
    > vodaphone and cellnet (O2) done the 5110) so the orange 5130 was a
    > single band phone set to the 1800 network so ok for orange or once
    > unlocked T-mobile aswell.
    > The choice is yours which pay as ya go 2 get.. some operators do
    > deals for txting the same network so think about who you will be
    > txting and see what network there on before you make ya mind up... :)

    Actually the 5110 on orange was a 402e

    Soupladel

    "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >·.¸¸.·´¯` Lister ´¯`·.¸¸.· wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >> Well, if ya going to use the 5110 ( if its originally an orange
    >> branded one its a 5130 not 5110, as did 121(T-Mobile) do a 5146,
    >> vodaphone and cellnet (O2) done the 5110) so the orange 5130 was a
    >> single band phone set to the 1800 network so ok for orange or once
    >> unlocked T-mobile aswell.
    >> The choice is yours which pay as ya go 2 get.. some operators do
    >> deals for txting the same network so think about who you will be
    >> txting and see what network there on before you make ya mind up... :)
    >
    >Actually the 5110 on orange was a 402e

    If you look at the label under the battery pack
    you will find that Nokia called it a '5130'. The
    '402e' was Orange's badge.

    --

    > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >·.¸¸.·´¯` Lister ´¯`·.¸¸.· wrote:
    > >
    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >> Well, if ya going to use the 5110 ( if its originally an orange
    > >> branded one its a 5130 not 5110, as did 121(T-Mobile) do a 5146,
    > >> vodaphone and cellnet (O2) done the 5110) so the orange 5130 was a
    > >> single band phone set to the 1800 network so ok for orange or once
    > >> unlocked T-mobile aswell.
    > >> The choice is yours which pay as ya go 2 get.. some operators do
    > >> deals for txting the same network so think about who you will be
    > >> txting and see what network there on before you make ya mind up... :)
    > >
    > >Actually the 5110 on orange was a 402e
    > >

    > If you look at the label under the battery pack
    > you will find that Nokia called it a '5130'. The
    > '402e' was Orange's badge.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mike, G4LTI
    > QSL manager for ZD8I
    > http://www.zd8i.net

    My point was merely that if you had gone into a sho and asked for a 5110 on
    orange or a 5130 they would have looked at you blankly!

    Soupladel

Nokia