Duplication first monitor to 3rd? (my tv)

ghost3h

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
hey, im looking for a bit of help for my system. I run dual screen of my gtx470, and i wanted to connect my TV as well, so i can watch movies on it from my PC. However when i tried this though the mini hdmi port it said that it doesnt support 3 outputs from 1 card.

So i bought a cheapish card with a HDMI slot, i bought the gt 520. However once connected up, and on the nvidia control panel, i dnt get the option to duplcate onto the 3rd monitor.

Basicaly what i want to do is duplicate my main primmary monitor onto my TV. Is there a way i can do this?

Thanx

Ghost

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
If you don't mind loosing a monitor (your secondary) every time you watch tv, buy a dvi splitter with a manual switch.

When you are using the tv, flip the switch so your secondary dvi port goes to the tv and select duplicate in the nvidia control panel.

Or you could just use the mini hdmi and pull out or plug in the secondary dvi everytime you need to switch. You might even be able to leave them all plugged in and simply disable one or choose which ones you want through the nvidia control panel.

There might be a more elegant solution but i can't think of one. If you were using amd cards....

ghost3h

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
yea i know amd cards would have been easier. I was thinking of using my main card with my main monitor and micro hdmi, then plugging my second monitor into the secon card.

Am i right in thinking with nvidia cards that the more powerful card will do all the grunt work and the second card just act as a output?

(i cant sli these 2 cards can i?)