Sapphire HD 6950 2GB Underclocking Randomly to 725/1250

Using GPU-Z to monitor, running Sapphire Trixx to OC.

I have a Sapphire Dirt3 HD 6950 2GB on a Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 motherboard. I have overclocked it to 880/1375 @ 1.13V and it's stable. Now randomly my GPU downclocks to 725/1250 and I have to reset my overclock in Trixx and then re-apply it to get it to run again. Does anybody know what the problem is?
7 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 6950 underclocking randomly 1250
  1. do you have any powersaving features enabled in CCC or the bios?
  2. esrever said:
    do you have any powersaving features enabled in CCC or the bios?

CCC was giving me problems with Powertuning so I stopped running the program. As for the bios, I am not sure. How would I check this?
  3. boot into your bios and check gpu options in there, there may or may not be an option.
  4. That's AMD PowerPlay in action, you cannot do anything about it.
    Usually your overclock will be re-applied when you play an 3D game.
  5. bloc97 said:
    That's AMD PowerPlay in action, you cannot do anything about it.
    Usually your overclock will be re-applied when you play an 3D game.

Really? In-game it still stays at 725/1250. Getting frustrating.
  6. Sorry for the late reply, but what was your stock frequency? If "725/1250" is stock, change your overclocking tool for something else like AtiTool or MSI Afterburner.
  7. bloc97 said:
    Sorry for the late reply, but what was your stock frequency? If "725/1250" is stock, change your overclocking tool for something else like AtiTool or MSI Afterburner.

No problem, and no, stock was at 880/1350 as per usual. I figured it out though, hardware acceleration in flash caused it so I turned it off. Kind of weird though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Sapphire HD Graphics