Soacked cpu in alchohol now i need to test for cpu for errors

G

soacked cpu in alchohol, what program do i need to test for cpu for errors?

As long as it wasn't fully submerged in a container of alcohol, it should be fine, regardless. Alcohol evaporates VERY quickly and leaves virtually no residue behind (assuming it was rubbing alcohol).

If it boots, it's ok, but if you really want to test it anyway, download Prime 95 and use the Small FFT's test.

G

yeah, i submerged it in alcohol for about 20 minutenes to clean the thermal paste off. it booted but for some reason my fps lowered in league of legends do you think those two could be related?

I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't have expected it to boot at all if there were really anything wrong. Just stress test it with Prime 95 to be sure.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
May I ask why you submerged your processor in alcohol for 20 minutes to clean thermal paste from it, when commercial cleaners are cheaply available for that task? Only the surface of the heat spreader was needed to be cleaned.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100010

You could even use inexpensive isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface of the processor's heat spreader without submerging the processor. I can't imagine that did it any good.