Taskbar Speed

Does anyone know how to modify the delay to rise of a hidden taskbar? In
other words, how long the mouse cursor needs to hover at the bottom of the
screen to make it appear. I would like to make it less sensitive.
Thanks
--
If the Solution to the problem be concise and artfully or ingeniously
contrived yet simple and handsome in effect, then the solution merits the

    Sure. In the registry.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "TiltMouse" <TiltMouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to modify the delay to rise of a hidden taskbar? In
    > other words, how long the mouse cursor needs to hover at the bottom of the
    > screen to make it appear. I would like to make it less sensitive.
    > Thanks
    > --
    > If the Solution to the problem be concise and artfully or ingeniously
    > contrived yet simple and handsome in effect, then the solution merits the
    > adjective Elegant. -- K.G. Wilson

    Bug or bribe Kelly and she will tell you the exact reg key ! :o)

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "TiltMouse" <TiltMouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to modify the delay to rise of a hidden taskbar? In
    > other words, how long the mouse cursor needs to hover at the bottom of the
    > screen to make it appear. I would like to make it less sensitive.
    > Thanks
    > --
    > If the Solution to the problem be concise and artfully or ingeniously
    > contrived yet simple and handsome in effect, then the solution merits the
    > adjective Elegant. -- K.G. Wilson

    <LOL> Don't take bribes but you should see how long my todo list is!!! <w>

    --

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Bug or bribe Kelly and she will tell you the exact reg key ! :o)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "TiltMouse" <TiltMouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how to modify the delay to rise of a hidden taskbar? In
    >> other words, how long the mouse cursor needs to hover at the bottom of
    >> the
    >> screen to make it appear. I would like to make it less sensitive.
    >> Thanks
    >> --
    >> If the Solution to the problem be concise and artfully or ingeniously
    >> contrived yet simple and handsome in effect, then the solution merits the
    >> adjective Elegant. -- K.G. Wilson

    Ahhh...one of those who cant live without Outlook ;-)

    --

    "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eWZG$ukwEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > <LOL> Don't take bribes but you should see how long my todo list is!!! <w>
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:e8ryQHhwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >> Bug or bribe Kelly and she will tell you the exact reg key ! :o)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "TiltMouse" <TiltMouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know how to modify the delay to rise of a hidden taskbar? In
    >>> other words, how long the mouse cursor needs to hover at the bottom of the
    >>> screen to make it appear. I would like to make it less sensitive.
    >>> Thanks
    >>> --
    >>> If the Solution to the problem be concise and artfully or ingeniously
    >>> contrived yet simple and handsome in effect, then the solution merits the
    >>> adjective Elegant. -- K.G. Wilson

    Mr/Ms Tiltmouse,
    No doubt there is a specific Registry key, but you may find it easier to
    download Tweak UI from
    When you open it, go to Mouse/Hover and set Hover time (ms) to whatever
    amount suits you, say 2000 (i.e. 2 seconds). You can also set Hover
    sensitivity, but unless you have a shaky hand on the mouse, this can be quite
    low - I have it set to 2 (pixels). Elegant enough?
    Cheers, Trevor L.

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Ahhh...one of those who cant live without Outlook ;-)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eWZG$ukwEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > > <LOL> Don't take bribes but you should see how long my todo list is!!! <w>
    > >
    > > --
    > > All the Best,
    > > Kelly
    > >
    > > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    > > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    > >
    > > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    > >
    > > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    > >

    > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:e8ryQHhwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > >> Bug or bribe Kelly and she will tell you the exact reg key ! :o)
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Anando
    > >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >> http://www.mvps.org
    > >>
    > >> Folder customizations
    > >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >>
    > >> Protect your PC!
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >>

    > >> "TiltMouse" <TiltMouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Customization Windows XP