Case/motherboard screws

Kosoko

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Hi guys.. I am hopefully at the final stage of my build (putting it togetha) and i have been having one niggling problem which is seemin to cost me more and more money.

p8z68-v lx motherboard goin onto lancool pc- k58

i have bought llanli screwless mother board screws which fit into a m3 bolt.. i have also bought Pack of 10 Brass Motherboard Standoff #6-32 x M3 and 10 S... or a link if needed http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390369762505?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

now i thought this would be sufficient to fit my board.. i also went overkill with the screwless top.. just for ease.. the standoff which fits into my case is slightly to big for my case holes, and its size is 6-32.. does anyone know of any smaller screws only 1 size different maybe that will fit into my case and still use the m3 screw?

Kosoko

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Hi again I have found one stand off screw which I asume came with the case.. it's a second hand case btw.. it seems to have a differrent type of thread to the 6/32 which i purchased in the above thread.. problem is i have no idea what size of standoff this is.. i have spent hourrs online trying to find it to no avail.. someone please help!!!

my only other option at the minute is to get this custom made.. which will cost me a fortune.. sum1 must of had the same problem.. i have everything ready exept this it is killing me..

thanks for reading

Kosoko

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
hi thanks for the reply.. i have the m3 screw which screws into the standoff and the stand off is a 6/32 which seems to be standard... but is too large for my case holes.

i have seen your links to the plastic stand off's which seems like my next course of action as i cant find any standoff screw that is not 6/32, i'm not too sure how theywill work.. do i buy both or just the one and if i buy either of them will i need new motherboard screws as well or will the m3's work.. kinda confused me... sorry

Kosoko

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
brilliant post!!! i think the one i need are definate fine thread.. im gonna try the 5/16's the look very very similiar to the one in front of me... in that pic they are fine thread.. right?!!?

Kosoko

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
The standoff part is 11mm, total length is 15mm. It uses a fine-thread for the part that goes into the tray, but uses the coarse screws for mounting the actual motherboard.

I copied this from the last post in the link on the above thread, What would i buy if i wanted this standoff...

and i hope you win the lottery.. making a sad man happy.. been looking at my new pc for over a week and a half whislt playin on a dinosaur... painfull!

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

The silver ones on the left are fine thread.