Input signal out of range

hi guys,

my friend's pc got a problem that when it starts monitor display goes dark and a message appears ( input signal out of range reset to 1440*900~ Hz ), and i can not start it in safe mode because the windows is not installed, please help me to solve this problem.

thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about input signal range
  1. Remove the GPU and try to use the onboard IGP if the PC has one. Also clear the CMOS/BIOS and then go on with your tries.
    It would be a lot more helpful if you would have given the specs of your friends rig, like Mobo, GPU, Monitor, etc etc
  2. Probably he did something that the monitor or graphic card can't handle, reset your CMOS.
  3. alyoshka said:
    Remove the GPU and try to use the onboard IGP if the PC has one. Also clear the CMOS/BIOS and then go on with your tries.
    It would be a lot more helpful if you would have given the specs of your friends rig, like Mobo, GPU, Monitor, etc etc

thanks for the reply problem is solved, i installed windows with using another monitor.
  4. refillable said:
    Probably he did something that the monitor or graphic card can't handle, reset your CMOS.

thanks for the reply problem is solved, i installed windows with using another monitor.
  5. OK nice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Safe Mode Monitors Graphics Displays