Effects Button

Dear all,

I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button in
Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm not
sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about effects button

    Please explain what and where the 'effects button' is?
    "Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button
    in
    > Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm
    not
    > sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mike

    Start > Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Effects..................

    "Sandman" <peterf41@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Please explain what and where the 'effects button' is?
    > "Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button
    > in
    >> Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm
    > not
    >> sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Mike

    Hi Mike,

    This is the case when you install a third-party skinning program like Windows Blinds etc. Try to
    uninstall the program and see if the 'effects' button works or not.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button in Display Settings no
    > longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm not sure when it stopped working but now when
    > selected nothing appears.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mike

    Hi Mike,

    Run the edit on line 256 (right hand side)

    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award