Effects Button

Dear all,

I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button in
Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm not
sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Sandman

Please explain what and where the 'effects button' is?
"Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button
in
> Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm
not
> sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

Start > Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Effects..................

"Sandman" <peterf41@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Please explain what and where the 'effects button' is?
> "Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button
> in
>> Display Settings no longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm
> not
>> sure when it stopped working but now when selected nothing appears.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Mike

Hi Mike,

This is the case when you install a third-party skinning program like Windows Blinds etc. Try to
uninstall the program and see if the 'effects' button works or not.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mike Goodson" <mikegoodson@economist.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have found a similar posting on Google but no reply. The effects button in Display Settings no
> longer works and I wonder if anyone knows a fix. I'm not sure when it stopped working but now when
> selected nothing appears.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike

kelly

Hi Mike,

Run the edit on line 256 (right hand side)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award