Resell value for homebuild?

Hello, I'm wanting to sell my rig to put it towards a better system. Any ideas of what to ask for?

AMD Phenom ii x4 955 black ed.
8gb ddr3 RAM
EVGA GeForce GT520 (2gb)
MSI NF750-G55 mobo
Seagate 500gb HDD @7200 rpm
Win 7 Ultimate
8 answers Last reply
More about resell homebuild
  1. Mehh, could get a solid $700 from that maybe?
    Nothing over $800 in my book.
  2. Retail prices of all of those add up to 450-500 ish brand new. This one is used. What Power Supply do you have? case? any extra hardware add ons? ( pci slots etc)
  3. Yeah man I wouldn't pay over 300 for that.

It's used and you could build the same thing for around 400-500
  4. Post it for $300, hope for $200-250.

As a general rule for new homebuilt systems you can substract 25% from whatever you paid for the parts. After 6-12 months you're generally looking at 50% or so. Many times parting it out will get you more money than selling it complete.
  5. Save the ram and HDD for next rig. Sell off the CPU and GPU for 50-75 and 30-50 respectively.

maybe you could sell the CPU with the Mobo. Who knows. saving the ram would save about 40 bucks and the HDD would save about 80-100 from your next build. saving the HDD will also save windows Ult. which is another 140 ish I think.

Good luck.
  6. Cool thanks for the replies. Yeah I figured 400 would be a possible number, was kinda hoping 600.. at least that would pay for what I put into it. @kcsmacker- I haven't done much in the way of add-ons and the PSU is a 600w Thermaltake.
  7. Ehh, I'd probably offer 250 just to part it.
  8. Drewski29 said:
    Cool thanks for the replies. Yeah I figured 400 would be a possible number, was kinda hoping 600.. at least that would pay for what I put into it. @kcsmacker- I haven't done much in the way of add-ons and the PSU is a 600w Thermaltake.

When it comes to electronics you will never get what you put into a old system. This is true for anything. I agree with a previous poster. If you want to sell it outright sell it for 250-300.

Parting it would still be my suggestion, keeping what you can for the next build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product