Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Front Audio Panel not working - New graphics card

Last response: in Components
July 23, 2012 11:58:54 PM

Hey,

I recently built my own pc a few months ago. I have the new i5-3570k so I didnt bother with a decrete graphics card right away as I dont play very many high demand games and the integrated graphics were plenty. Everything was working wonders, until..

Yesterday I added an EVGA GTX 560 Ti that I found on sale. Ever since, my front audio panel has been unable to find my mic or headset. When I plug them in the computer doesnt even recognize that they've been plugged in. The entire back audio panel is working fine, and ive already tried updating all of the drivers and all the basic stuff.

Any ideas?

Best solution

a c 251 U Graphics card
July 24, 2012 12:55:54 AM

Did you connect the front audio cables to the spdif out put pins on the motherboard? Did you by chance loosen them if you did connect the cable when you installed the video card. It's very easy to loosen cable when you install someting and not notice that you did.
July 24, 2012 1:00:58 AM

I checked that, and im sure its still connected because everything else on the front panel is still working as well, its just the 2 audio jacks that are no longer working.
Related resources
July 24, 2012 1:07:37 AM

Best answer selected by Meggeson.
July 24, 2012 1:07:45 AM

Correction, you were 100% right, the cables i checked before were only the other front panel components. I didnt realized that the audio ones were actually attached to a different location right under the GPU card, and were in fact loose.

Thank you so much for your help! :) 
a c 251 U Graphics card
July 24, 2012 1:13:00 AM

Your welcome.
!