Crossfire/SLI Bridge

Dear all
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a brand new build.

Motherboard will be an Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Z68 .

I've downloaded the manual, and it lists in amongst the box contents a "SLI cable" .
I assume this is the bridge connector used to connect across the 2 card's "Gold fingers" as
the instruction manual states.

What I need to know, is that can that connector be used for both SLI and Crossfire rigs ?

If the cable is SLI specific how do I obtain a cable/bridge suitable for crossfire?

4 answers Last reply
More about crossfire bridge
  1. If you want a crossfire bridge, an AMD graphics card should come with one and no, SLI bridge =/= crossfire bridge.
  2. You can't use the SLI bridge for ATI cards , you can pick up a xfire bridge on ebay cheap if you need one.
  3. You mean you want to use 'SLI cable' for Crossfire? No, you get your own crossfire cable.

    Either it'll come bundled with the card you buy,or get one like this:
  4. Thanks all, I think that clarifies the situation well enough.

    My Card(s) will be Powercolour 6850's and according to their website no crossfire bridge is included with the card. Fore warned is fore armed methinks

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Cable Crossfire Graphics Product