Gateway fx6800-01e

sgtroy24

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello,
got a tower from a friend. replaced graphics card and psu then just got a blue screen when connected again. how do i get the screen to read the computer again. dont have any orginal parts he chucked them away. its been sitting for a year. gave it to me cause he doesnt want it any more

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

What are the system specs?

are you saying you turn on the pc everething works but there is only a blue screen on the monitor?

if yes, looks like a graphic card/monitor problem try changing each;

sgtroy24

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Sorry its a gateway fx 6800-0e1. He is not computer smart so he thought he screwed it up. So he bought a Mac book. The issue is that the board does not have an on board graphics card, but I have a bfg maxcore 55 graphics card. With every thing plugged in and new I don't get any monitor from the graphics card. Does not read or says no input/signal.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

well, assuming you have connected everething correctly and assuming the psu is 500w (enough power), probabily the graphic card is dead i would try changing it...

DM186

Splendid
Is there another rig you can test the card in like maybe another friend? What exactly did the friend think he did to the PC that would make him think he killed it? When you turn it on does it sound like everything is booting up?

If it didn't come with a graphic card then how did your friend use it in the begining? If the spec's I read about your computer it has a i7 920 CPU That alone is worth a few hundred dollars.

How long did your friend have it before he gave it to you? Before you do anything please repost to the questions I have asked. and Thanks

sgtroy24

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I have one I will give it a sho twith the graphics card. He didn't think he killed it he just put the graphics Card pay and some ram in. Has a ATI in when he bought it then moved to the maxcore.everyrhing comes on except the monitor. He had it a while I'm in the army and I would fix small problems for the guys on there labtops when we were deployed. So he gave it to me cause he had no clue what to do and needed the space I guess.