ASUS ET2410 All In One

sleepnomore

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Does anyone know how to expand the memory capacity? It has two SO-DIMM slots so should be straight forward to swap out the stock 4G of memory for 8G but I cannot see how to physically access the memory DIMMs. Is there a secret access panel or must the whole thing be taken apart? Otherwise this system is beautiful.

sleepnomore

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
The manual has nothing on the subject whatsoever. Nothing on ASUS site helps and so far nothing on the web even mentions trying to do this with this model. There does not appear to be a small panel cover anywhere on the back so maybe the whole back comes off. It does appear that there are fasteners in each corner of the back (covered with a rubber or plastic plug).

for my laptop i need to remove about 18 screws, keyboard and 1 other part i forget to get to the memory. all-in-ones and laptops are a pain. keep bugging ASUS - email tech support. Pulling the wrong screw and having a part fall off inside the case means you really get to disassemble. good luck.

curious45

Honorable
May 9, 2012

Has anyone been able to find answer to your question by now?

thomas kelly

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Just upgraded the memory on my ET2410. Used two 8gb ddr3 modules and now running with 16gb total without any problems. It was a bit of work; I had to remove the stand, then carefully pry off the back cover, and finally remove a metal plate covering the system board (processor, memory modules (2), and various connectors become exposed). A standard Phillips screwdriver size 2 for the stand, size 1 for the smaller screws for the cover and metal plate also a small pair of pliers to take out two VGA monitor screws on the metal plate.

By the way, I am sure this would void your warranty as ASUS doesn't support the upgrade. Since my computer is was out of warranty and I needed the upgrade more than worrying about damaging my computer, it was worth it the effort. I also updated the BIOS, ran various memory tests, and have been running my normal program routines without any hitches. In fact, I am already seeing faster responses in all of the programs I have been running. Nice to go from 4 GB (2x2GB ram chips) to 16 GB (2x8GB) with only about an hour of time. I saw many posts about this topic; saying it wouldn't support more than 4 GB or 8 GB was the max that could be upgraded. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that 16 GB worked fine.

Testcase

Reputable
May 20, 2014
Thomas, I just upgraded to 8GB in one of the two dimm slots and am wondering if the bios upgrade is needed to get to 16GB ram? Also, is there much performance benefit between 8GB and 16GB ram when using an i3 processor?