I7 3770k RealTemp 3.70 Temperatures

jbs217

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hi,

I just built this system over the weekend and figure I would test the system at stock settings first before doing any overclocking.

My concern right now is that when I run RealTemp 3.70 my core temps are showing anywhere between 26C to 38C at idle. (fluctuates pretty rapidly), at full load (Prime95) it shoots up to mid 60s and peaks at around mid 70s.

Does the fluctuation at idle seem normal? I mean it would jump randomly and pretty rapidly at times...please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same thing. (i'm guessing i need to re-apply TIM and re-seat my HS and will do so when I have time this weekend)

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Here is the spec of my build:

CPU: i7 3770k (running at stock)
HS: Hyper 212 Evo (2 x 120mm fans, Push/Pull config), Arctic Silver 5 TIM
MB: Asus P8Z77
RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance LP
GPU: 2 x EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI
Case: Antec P280
PSU: Corsair HX850

jbs217

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I had time tonight to re-seat my EVO so figure I would give an update on this.

After re-applying the paste, the temperature on 4 cores are much stable now ranging from 28C to 33C across the board on idle (previously all 4 cores would constantly show different temps and jump all over the place). Running Prime95 full load now puts me at about mid 50C to low 60C, which is alot better than what I had. (figure these temps are not bad?)

Also, previously I had the cooler fans configured as pull from front and push outside back panel, I figure I would switch it up this time changing to pull from bottom and pushing out the top. (don't know if this helped at all)

jbs217

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

Ambient temp is around 70C-75C. Do you think I can go lower with the EVO at full load?

I'd love to hear any other suggestions to improve my system temp :)

My current fan config is:

Case exhaust - 2 at the top, 1 in the back (both 120mm, that came with the Antec P280)

EVO - 1 pushing out through the top and 1 pulling from bottom

Case intake - none at the moment (will install 2 x 120mm in the front this weekend)

nna2

Distinguished

uuh, room/ambient temp? i doubt you'd be sitting in 70C lol