How is the AI for the CPU cars in Forza? What kills GT for me is the AI
is on rails to always take the best possible line, no matter where you
are. So they just slide right on into you because they are only
programmed to take that line. Is there real intelligence in Forza's AI?

--
Jim S.

Jim S. wrote:
> How is the AI for the CPU cars in Forza? What kills GT for me is
the
> AI is on rails to always take the best possible line, no matter
where
> you are. So they just slide right on into you because they are only
> programmed to take that line. Is there real intelligence in Forza's
> AI?

I don't have it yet, but everything I've read says yes, there actually
is AI that avoids you.

There really has to be , because of the damage model. If you have
damage, you can't have AI running into you like GT. (Which is why I
suspect they never put damage in that series, they'd have to also add
AI. Which would take away time they could spend putting more Skylines
in the game)

Jeremy Reaban wrote:

> Jim S. wrote:
> > How is the AI for the CPU cars in Forza? What kills GT for me is
> the
> > AI is on rails to always take the best possible line, no matter
> where
> > you are. So they just slide right on into you because they are only
> > programmed to take that line. Is there real intelligence in Forza's
> > AI?
>
> I don't have it yet, but everything I've read says yes, there actually
> is AI that avoids you.
>
> There really has to be , because of the damage model. If you have
> damage, you can't have AI running into you like GT. (Which is why I
> suspect they never put damage in that series, they'd have to also add
> AI. Which would take away time they could spend putting more Skylines
> in the game)

Sounds good. Could you confirm this when you pick up the game?

Thanks!
--
Jim S.

"Jim S." <quint75@nowayinhellcharter.net> wrote in

> Sounds good. Could you confirm this when you pick up the game?

The AI is reasonably realistic (if a touch mean). They cut you off, trade
paint with you, etc. One of the driving aids paints the ideal racing line
in realtime, and the AI definitely varies from it.

Geo
--
George Mealer
geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

"Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry

theone

George Mealer wrote:
> "Jim S." <quint75@nowayinhellcharter.net> wrote in
>

>>Sounds good. Could you confirm this when you pick up the game?
>

> The AI is reasonably realistic (if a touch mean). They cut you off, trade
> paint with you, etc. One of the driving aids paints the ideal racing line
> in realtime, and the AI definitely varies from it.
>
> Geo
yup, those bastards try to spin me around every chance they get!