Sign in with
Your question

Higher idle ram usage after ie9 / jan 12 update?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 15, 2012 3:13:10 PM

Just today I decided to update my IE8 to IE9 (Win 7). There was also an unknown windows update to install (today 15th Jan 12)). As soon as it was installed (without even opening IE) my system is now using 25% more ram (about 700 of 1G compared to around 500 before).
I uninstalled IE9 and went back to 8 as shown on the microsoft page, but as soon as i start windows its using 700 again. I tried rolling back to an earlier point today and still have super high ram usage. Now with just this single IE tab open im using 900!
Pls what the hell has MS done to my system and how can i cure it? Any help appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Strangely, if i am now running ie for a spell, then close it, my idle ram usage can go back down to 500 or so? Why could my system be using 700 at startup with no ie open?
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2012 3:41:18 PM

Crayfis said:
Just today I decided to update my IE8 to IE9 (Win 7). There was also an unknown windows update to install (today 15th Jan 12)). As soon as it was installed (without even opening IE) my system is now using 25% more ram (about 700 of 1G compared to around 500 before).
I uninstalled IE9 and went back to 8 as shown on the microsoft page, but as soon as i start windows its using 700 again. I tried rolling back to an earlier point today and still have super high ram usage. Now with just this single IE tab open im using 900!
Pls what the hell has MS done to my system and how can i cure it? Any help appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Strangely, if i am now running ie for a spell, then close it, my idle ram usage can go back down to 500 or so? Why could my system be using 700 at startup with no ie open?

Uninstall the update. If necessary you can always re-install it, if you resolve the issue., Just be sure the update was not critical.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24373-windows-upda....
January 15, 2012 3:46:14 PM

Hay update to ie9 again ,ie9 not do that ,other updates like adobe ,ms office and other softwares can do that (except antivirus) iam run win7 in intel atom 1.6ghz 1gb ram 500gb hdd, usage of ram under 256mb at the time of playing freedom fighter come to ur problem see in next tread to how to cure it
Related resources
January 15, 2012 3:53:00 PM

Start+r it open run type msconfig hit enter in that goto startup u see many programs in list expand it delete if they are not from microsoft ex: adobeautostart ,then delete microsoft office products.
January 15, 2012 4:00:48 PM

Then apply and ok restart system, google search and download gamebooster free instal it ,open gameb tickall unused processor to stop and u get gaming mode, goto control panel poweroption set to highperformance, clean system with ccleaner ,
January 15, 2012 4:11:49 PM

Delete addons in ie9 like browther soft extra,update al drivers and antivirus, download superantispyware instal update it ful scan ,system very slow i know that but wait it shows list of virus delete it ,asks for restart to delete if some serious virus is there, then restart,work for sometime 30min restart uninstall superantispyware after see result ur not want to uninstal but it takes more performance so uninstal it
January 16, 2012 8:34:30 AM

Thanks alot for the tips guys, ill take a look at those.
!