http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920045.asp

IGN 5/2/2005 8 out of 10 80.0%
GameSpot 5/4/2005 5.9 out of 10 59.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 6/1/2005 7.33 out of 10 73.3%
TeamXBOX 5/3/2005 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
1UP 5/2/2005 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
TotalGames.net UK 5/3/2005 91 out of 100 91.0%

Gamespot, EGM, and 1UP..

Check this: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pariah/index.html

Look at what over 160 readers gave it.

IGN's: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/609/609268p1.html

Reader average: 8.6

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Crybaby.

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hey, aether, I've been playing your overrated baby, Chaos Theory, a bit
lately. I even made some videos for ya. Check 'em out:

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/gameswehate.htm

I know you won't admit if any of this actually penetrates your little
fantasy world, but you know deep down that Gamespot's "low" 8.6 for this
flawed game is dead-on.

I really enjoy your little rants. Don't ever change, man!

theone

Leon Dexter wrote:
> "aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Hey, aether, I've been playing your overrated baby, Chaos Theory, a bit
> lately. I even made some videos for ya. Check 'em out:
>
> http://www.gameswelike.com/web/gameswehate.htm
>

> I know you won't admit if any of this actually penetrates your little
> fantasy world, but you know deep down that Gamespot's "low" 8.6 for this
> flawed game is dead-on.
>
> I really enjoy your little rants. Don't ever change, man!

holy bejeezuz Leon! What a rat's nest. You'd greatly benefit from some
emulator action :)

aether wrote:
> http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920045.asp
>
> IGN 5/2/2005 8 out of 10 80.0%
> GameSpot 5/4/2005 5.9 out of 10 59.0%
> Electronic Gaming Monthly 6/1/2005 7.33 out of 10 73.3%
> TeamXBOX 5/3/2005 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
> 1UP 5/2/2005 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
> TotalGames.net UK 5/3/2005 91 out of 100 91.0%
>
> Gamespot, EGM, and 1UP..
>
> Check this: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pariah/index.html
>
> Look at what over 160 readers gave it.
>
> IGN's: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/609/609268p1.html
>
> Reader average: 8.6

Just because not every site is into overrating games these days like IGN
and teamxbox it doesn't make them bad. Jade Empire 9.9 for example,
jesus anyone can find faults there even though its a good game.

--
Byron Hinson
My Photography

robin

Pariah Blows!

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message news:pXnee.2130

> holy bejeezuz Leon! What a rat's nest. You'd greatly benefit from some
> emulator action :)

Heh. But I love my place! I do have emulators, for lots of systems, but I
prefer playing the originals. The only emulator I use much is MAME. Bruce
has a full size arcade cabinet running MAME. It rocks.

Reader average isnt representive of what real people think. IGN allows
dipshits that havent played the game to "rate" it.

> http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920045.asp
>
> IGN 5/2/2005 8 out of 10 80.0%
> GameSpot 5/4/2005 5.9 out of 10 59.0%
> Electronic Gaming Monthly 6/1/2005 7.33 out of 10 73.3%
> TeamXBOX 5/3/2005 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
> 1UP 5/2/2005 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
> TotalGames.net UK 5/3/2005 91 out of 100 91.0%
>
> Gamespot, EGM, and 1UP..
>
> Check this: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pariah/index.html
>
> Look at what over 160 readers gave it.
>
> IGN's: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/609/609268p1.html
>
> Reader average: 8.6

Well, the idea here is that people that didn't play the game wouldn't
feel and incentive to rate it. Of course, we all know enough idiots do
it anyway, which is too bad. Which, alas, comes to the point that you
gotta look at ratings, read the reviews and draw your own conclusion.
Don't just go to the website and say "oh yeah, it got a 9.2, it must be
good", read the damn review, because oftentimes things in there are
mentioned that are far more valuable for you to decide if you like the
game.

And afar from that, let's be reminded that people review these. People
have differeing opinions. What's the damn point of arguing whether a
game should have gotten rated higher. After all, you can (a) post in
the reader reviews to voice your opinon and (b) play the game and enjoy
it despite some other people enjoying it a bit less or more.

Skye wrote:
> Reader average isnt representive of what real people think. IGN allows
> dipshits that havent played the game to "rate" it.

EXACTLY!!! That is totally useless and irrelevant. If one reads the
closing comments in the IGN review they are not that favorable and are
more in line with what the gamespot review is saying. After reading the
IGN review I don't see why it got the total score there that it did,
seems it should have been AT LEAST a full point lower. Again it is
obvious that this person has no clue as to how gamespot does their
reviews and what all they are based upon.

massivegrooves wrote:

> Skye wrote:
>
>> Reader average isnt representive of what real people think. IGN allows
>> dipshits that havent played the game to "rate" it.

Forgot to add, that reader average is more of a hype meter than anything
else...

> EXACTLY!!! That is totally useless and irrelevant. If one reads the
> closing comments in the IGN review they are not that favorable and are
> more in line with what the gamespot review is saying. After reading the
> IGN review I don't see why it got the total score there that it did,
> seems it should have been AT LEAST a full point lower. Again it is
> obvious that this person has no clue as to how gamespot does their
> reviews and what all they are based upon.
>

>> "aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920045.asp
>>>
>>> IGN 5/2/2005 8 out of 10 80.0%
>>> GameSpot 5/4/2005 5.9 out of 10 59.0%
>>> Electronic Gaming Monthly 6/1/2005 7.33 out of 10 73.3%
>>> TeamXBOX 5/3/2005 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
>>> 1UP 5/2/2005 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
>>> TotalGames.net UK 5/3/2005 91 out of 100 91.0%
>>>
>>> Gamespot, EGM, and 1UP..
>>>
>>> Check this: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pariah/index.html
>>>
>>> Look at what over 160 readers gave it.
>>>
>>> IGN's: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/609/609268p1.html
>>>
>>> Reader average: 8.6

Check what other *reviewers* are giving the game. In that context,
judge the reader reviews:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920045.asp

IGN 5/2/2005 8 out of 10 80.0%
GameSpot 5/4/2005 5.9 out of 10 59.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 6/1/2005 7.33 out of 10 73.3%
TeamXBOX 5/3/2005 8.2 out of 10 82.0%
1UP 5/2/2005 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
Xbox-Evolved 5/5/2005 7.2 out of 10 72.0%
TotalGames.net UK 5/3/2005 91 out of 100 91.0%
Games Xtreme 5/5/2005 9 out of 10 90.0%

In other words, the various retards who responded to this thread would
have you believe that all others are wrong -- other magazines and
gaming sites, in addition to reader reviewers *at* Gamespot.com, but
Mr. Jeff Gerstmann is correct.

Gamespot's bias goes way back. As I stated before, Gamespot wrote
articles about the Xbox comparing it with the Dreamcast -- in 2002. In
these articles, they openly declared their opinion that the Xbox would
be a failure. Articles, I'm sure, they'd like people to forget. Their
rating of Pariah (5.9; with the next lowest being a *7.2*) is just one
in a long list of so-called 'tough' reviews they've given Xbox titles,
and it stands out like a sore thumb.

>>Gamespot's average score for an Xbox game is slightly higher than the

average of all sites over at Gamerankings.<<

Nonsense. I don't, at all, trust the garbled information that was
presented. In addition, Gamespot likes to strike where they can get
away with it. It can't be completely overt, otherwise they'd be mocked
by even the dumbest of their visitors. So they give a 5.0 game a 5.5 --
does anyone care? Yet, that would have a significant impact upon the
numbers Jordan attempted to calculate.

> Gamespot's bias goes way back. As I stated before, Gamespot wrote
> articles about the Xbox comparing it with the Dreamcast -- in 2002. In
> these articles, they openly declared their opinion that the Xbox would
> be a failure. Articles, I'm sure, they'd like people to forget. Their
> rating of Pariah (5.9; with the next lowest being a *7.2*) is just one
> in a long list of so-called 'tough' reviews they've given Xbox titles,
> and it stands out like a sore thumb.

So you keep saying. You haven't convinced anyone yet. You ignored
boatloads of data suggesting otherwise. Everything from simple examples,
like the fact that they gave Halo a 9.7, or put a "best" icon on the Xbox
version of every game, to sweeping analysis about their scoring. Jordan
crunched a ton of numbers which eventually showed, if I remember, that
Gamespot's average score for an Xbox game is slightly higher than the
average of all sites over at Gamerankings. You never responded to that,
that I saw.
You were dead wrong about all kinds of things, and never once admitted it.
Of course nobody's listening now. I'm only still willing to respond because
your hardheadedness makes me laugh.

By the way, did you watch those Chaos Theory videos? I wanted to see if
they'd overload the logic centers of your brain.