Sign in with
Your question

Is this Tower or Small Form Factor

Last response: in Systems
April 10, 2012 10:28:48 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330710968629?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

i dont know if is the right category but.

i just wonder what type of pc is that small, Tower, mediun.
April 10, 2012 10:33:45 PM

To me that looks like an ATX mid tower.
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2012 10:46:32 PM

Sorry to bother, but what is the difference between tower or mid tower, and what can i change with midtowers pc's
m
l
April 10, 2012 10:50:07 PM

Tower is pretty big, usually only top end cases are full towers. Mid towers are the most common. You have a Micro-ATX sized motherboard, which is a bit smaller than the regular sized ATX.

You can usually upgrade everything in a mid tower prebuilt, but there's no point as you can just build one yourself.
m
l
April 10, 2012 10:56:40 PM

gary1 said:
Tower is pretty big, usually only top end cases are full towers. Mid towers are the most common. You have a Micro-ATX sized motherboard, which is a bit smaller than the regular sized ATX.

You can usually upgrade everything in a mid tower prebuilt, but there's no point as you can just build one yourself.

<3 love yu man, no homo intended lmao,

and of course i was just wonddering.
m
l
April 10, 2012 11:23:17 PM

Cases should be defined by the size of motherboard they can accomodate.
That case looks like it could hold a ATX motherboard which will have 7 expansion slots.
It could be a Micro-ATX which has 4 slots.
A ITX will have only one.

A full tower will usually have room for a large number of hard drives, like 6-8+ and 3 dvd drives.
A mid tower will have 1/2dvd drives and 4 -6 hard drive slots.

To know what you can change, find out the exact model of the motherboard. CPU-Z will identify it.
m
l
!