Failure after inserting graphic card, i5, ASUS P8Z68 ...

I have i5 2500k i ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3. I've tried to insert graphic card Gainward Phantom 560ti ... Everything was working well before that.
When I did it I got the following scenario:

Coolers start to work, CPU_LED works for one moment and stops, DIMM_LED is working constantly. After 5-6 seconds CPU_LED blinks and computer shuts down and right after turns on it self. CPU_LED works for a second than stops and, ater that nothing happens. Screen is black, coolers are working, DIMM_LED working, ....

When I pulled out the graphic card and make everything the same as was before, I got the IDENTICAL scenario.

Could someone help me?

P.S. Sorry about my English.
8 answers Last reply
More about failure inserting graphic card asus p8z68
  1. Did you power off or disconnect the PSU from the outlet before inserting the new video card? Make sure that all cables are fully inserted.
  2. Yes, I did it for sure. I also checked cables few times.
  3. ill tell you to make sure that you connect the power cables on the graphics card... sounds like gpu is not getting power
  4. I pulled out graphic card, so now it should work like it was before, without graph. card. But I have the same symptoms.
  5. Try resetting the CMOS.
  6. Thank you all for help.
    Finally, it was just a memory. I removed one slot, return it back, and everything works fine.
  7. It wasn't fully inserted?
  8. Not sure, I did not touch it when I was inserting VGA, but who knows
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards LED Monitor Intel i5 Components