Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 ps2 keyboard problem

Last response: in Windows 8
January 22, 2013 1:50:16 PM

Windows 8 pro was working normally for 2 months in my pc...but today a strange problem...my ps/2 keyboard working fine in bios and not in windows...
when i turn on pc num light full on and no button worked....num light even on for seconds after shutdown...strange

....but then i turned on pc there was a yellow triangle in device manager on intel seies 6/c200 chip family enhanced host controller...then i unistalled this and also keyboard and clicked on scan for hardware changes but intel series 6....drives good but no detection of keyboard...

i restarted my pc and all went good..

Q1..Why this occured?
Q2...What is the solution to prevent it occuring again?
a b * Windows 8
January 22, 2013 3:01:44 PM

the error is too general to isolate your problem. Errors generated from any device connected via the chipset could cause the error to be issued in device manager. Almost every device interfaces through the chipset. CPU temp indicators, fan speed indicator, USB devices, PCI bus devices, memory access, real time clock,....
You will have to start eventvwr.exe and look at the eventlogs at the time of failure to get a clue as to what the problem was.
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:19:10 PM

this problem occured after shutdown
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2013 3:23:01 PM

plus usb mouse was working good...and in time when this problem occured i used usb keyboard which was also working....
m
l
a b * Windows 8
January 22, 2013 3:29:47 PM

if the OS was running you should get a error generated in your error log. check it to narrow down your problem
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:31:05 PM

i said that pc was not running when this error produced.....this occured after normal shutdown...
m
l
!