Sign in with
Your question

350 watt power supply is good enough for intel cpu i5 processor

Last response: in Components
July 24, 2012 12:25:03 PM

i got 350 watt power suplly was installed to motherboard Z68AP-D3,with intel i5 2500k processor,with 16GB kingston hyper momery,and also 1TB HDD,and DVD bruner. when i power up,the system is NO power at all.
Can you tell me ? what's wrong ?
a b ) Power supply
July 24, 2012 12:38:00 PM

Is it a quality PSU and did you connect the ATX 12V cable? Is everything wired correctly?
m
l
July 24, 2012 9:41:39 PM

yes,i am
I was connected the 12v cable CORRECTLY, I STILL GET NO POWER AT ALL.
IS IT THE MOTHERBOARD ? FROM MY EXPERIENCED IT COULD BE THE 16GB KINGSTON HYPER MOMERY ?
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 3:23:15 AM

Memory usually doesn't prevent a system from powering up. What do you mean by no power at all? Do you at least get standby power? Are you absolutely sure that the power supply is good? Have you tested it in another system? Disconnect everything and keep the minimum components (CPU and only one memory module). You didn't list what video card you use, but it has to be a low-power card with a 350W PSU. Did it power up when tested outside of the case (presuming that you did that before inserting everything in the case)?
m
l
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 12:10:56 PM

What is the make/model of the PSU? Here is a troubleshooting guide for boot-no-video issues....work through this guide and let us know after you've tried everything. It could be a number of things...bad connections, CPU, PSU, mobo, RAM.

Edit: Troubleshooting link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l
!