DoubleWide(TPT) wrote:
> is it a must have or not

The best racing sim ever on a console?

"DoubleWide(TPT)" <DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:484-427A79FA-259@storefull-3111.bay.webtv.net...
> is it a must have or not

It's definitely a must have racing game if you are into sim racing

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "DoubleWide(TPT)" <DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
>>is it a must have or not
>

> It's definitely a must have racing game if you are into sim racing

I take it you're enjoying it :)

which region did you pick Boody?

One thing I've noticed is not to indulge my appetite in putting the
latest and greatest on every car I like. I had a really nice celica and
evo but had to go out and buy a new car to compete in different races
that were greyed out....I also can turn just about all the extras off
'cept for the dynamic line (i love that thing!) and the stability
management cuz I sometimes oversteer. This game is sweeeet!

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "DoubleWide(TPT)" <DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>is it a must have or not
> >

> > It's definitely a must have racing game if you are into sim racing
> >

> I take it you're enjoying it :)
>
> which region did you pick Boody?
>
> One thing I've noticed is not to indulge my appetite in putting the
> latest and greatest on every car I like. I had a really nice celica and
> evo but had to go out and buy a new car to compete in different races
> that were greyed out....I also can turn just about all the extras off
> 'cept for the dynamic line (i love that thing!) and the stability
> management cuz I sometimes oversteer. This game is sweeeet!

So I rushed and picked this game up
it took me a while to figure out the braking and gas system
to make it work the best
the arrow on the road rules
I was getting whooped on, then I started tuning
pretty much left the other cars in the dust then
this game is awesome
I have never played a gran turismo game
but after this, why would I want to
I am addicted
it took the great racing rally sport had
and added so much more
I have won 3 more cars, but i just want to play with the Talon
it is too bad I have won all it's races :(

Bunda

Boody Bandit wrote:
> My wife had to pry the controller out of my hands to go to bed last
night.

> Once I got to level 10 I called it quits. This game is going to take
weeks,

Uh-ah.. Trying to pretend that you are in control. You did not call it
quits when you got to level 10. You were *made* to quit by the better
half :).. (I know exactly what happened there.)

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "DoubleWide(TPT)" <DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>is it a must have or not
> >

> > It's definitely a must have racing game if you are into sim racing
> >

> I take it you're enjoying it :)

My wife had to pry the controller out of my hands to go to bed last night.
I think it's awesome how you can tweak almost every aspect of the game.

> which region did you pick Boody?

Which ever was default or 1st pick.
I'm not sure what you mean by region because I raced all over (Asia, New
York, Maple ) last night.
Once I got to level 10 I called it quits. This game is going to take weeks,
if not months, to complete.

> One thing I've noticed is not to indulge my appetite in putting the
> latest and greatest on every car I like.

I put just enough performance parts on the cars so I have a decent edge over
the CPU cars in most races.

> I had a really nice celica

Yeah, I have 2 cars that are already really pumped up.

> and
> evo but had to go out and buy a new car to compete in different races
> that were greyed out....I also can turn just about all the extras off
> 'cept for the dynamic line (i love that thing!) and the stability
> management cuz I sometimes oversteer. This game is sweeeet!

I left everything at default until the last couple races yesterday.
I will start to turn off one setting at a time.
I "ABSOLUTELY" dig the dynamic line!
It teaches you the best line and speed for each turn.

One of the best racers I have played in recent years.
I only wish the graphics were a just lil tighter.
Don't get me wrong, there great, but they don't wow me.

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > My wife had to pry the controller out of my hands to go to bed last
> night.
>
> > Once I got to level 10 I called it quits. This game is going to take
> weeks,
>
> Uh-ah.. Trying to pretend that you are in control. You did not call it
> quits when you got to level 10. You were *made* to quit by the better
> half :).. (I know exactly what happened there.)

:) NO DOUBT.

I snuck downstairs before work and got to level 11 this morning.

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>Boody Bandit wrote:
>>
>>>"DoubleWide(TPT)" <DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net> wrote in message

>>>It's definitely a must have racing game if you are into sim racing
>>>

>>I take it you're enjoying it :)
>

> My wife had to pry the controller out of my hands to go to bed last night.
> I think it's awesome how you can tweak almost every aspect of the game.
>

>>which region did you pick Boody?
>

> Which ever was default or 1st pick.
> I'm not sure what you mean by region because I raced all over (Asia, New
> York, Maple ) last night.
> Once I got to level 10 I called it quits. This game is going to take weeks,
> if not months, to complete.

At the beginning you pick asia, europe, or N. America which pretty much
determines the price of cars (i.e. import or domestic)

>>One thing I've noticed is not to indulge my appetite in putting the
>>latest and greatest on every car I like.
>

> I put just enough performance parts on the cars so I have a decent edge over
> the CPU cars in most races.

Yeah, so did I. But in the later experience levels you'll have more
speciality challenges where you won't be able to do that much to your
car in order to compete.

>>I had a really nice celica
>

> Yeah, I have 2 cars that are already really pumped up.
>

>>and
>>evo but had to go out and buy a new car to compete in different races
>>that were greyed out....I also can turn just about all the extras off
>>'cept for the dynamic line (i love that thing!) and the stability
>>management cuz I sometimes oversteer. This game is sweeeet!
>

> I left everything at default until the last couple races yesterday.
> I will start to turn off one setting at a time.
> I "ABSOLUTELY" dig the dynamic line!
> It teaches you the best line and speed for each turn.
>
> One of the best racers I have played in recent years.
> I only wish the graphics were a just lil tighter.
> Don't get me wrong, there great, but they don't wow me.

I felt exactly the same way, particularly about the vibrancy and the
jaggies.

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

> >>I take it you're enjoying it :)
> >

> > My wife had to pry the controller out of my hands to go to bed last
night.
> > I think it's awesome how you can tweak almost every aspect of the game.
> >

> >>which region did you pick Boody?
> >

> > Which ever was default or 1st pick.
> > I'm not sure what you mean by region because I raced all over (Asia, New
> > York, Maple ) last night.
> > Once I got to level 10 I called it quits. This game is going to take
weeks,
> > if not months, to complete.
>
> At the beginning you pick asia, europe, or N. America which pretty much
> determines the price of cars (i.e. import or domestic)

I picked the 1st option.
Which one did you pick?
Can you pick a different region later in the game?

> >>One thing I've noticed is not to indulge my appetite in putting the
> >>latest and greatest on every car I like.
> >

> > I put just enough performance parts on the cars so I have a decent edge
over
> > the CPU cars in most races.
>
> Yeah, so did I. But in the later experience levels you'll have more
> speciality challenges where you won't be able to do that much to your
> car in order to compete.

Sounds like the game is going to get hard fast.
I noticed the under 200 and 300hp races. I don't understand them though.
I entered the under 200hp with a Nissan 240sx and the cars pulled away from
me like I was standing still.
So I went and tweaked it to 197hp and I was no longer eligible for the race.
I can see myself getting frustrated with that aspect of the game rather
quickly.

> >>I had a really nice celica
> >

> > Yeah, I have 2 cars that are already really pumped up.
> >

> >>and
> >>evo but had to go out and buy a new car to compete in different races
> >>that were greyed out....I also can turn just about all the extras off
> >>'cept for the dynamic line (i love that thing!) and the stability
> >>management cuz I sometimes oversteer. This game is sweeeet!
> >

> > I left everything at default until the last couple races yesterday.
> > I will start to turn off one setting at a time.
> > I "ABSOLUTELY" dig the dynamic line!
> > It teaches you the best line and speed for each turn.
> >
> > One of the best racers I have played in recent years.
> > I only wish the graphics were a just lil tighter.
> > Don't get me wrong, there great, but they don't wow me.
>
> I felt exactly the same way, particularly about the vibrancy and the
> jaggies.

That is my same "EXACT" complaints with the graphics of the game.

On Thu, 5 May 2005 15:54:34 -0400, DoubleWideTPT@webtv.net
(DoubleWide\(TPT\)) wrote:

>is it a must have or not

Must have. Best sim racer ever to grace a console (from a big GT fan
that's high praise).

theone

> I picked the 1st option.
> Which one did you pick?
> Can you pick a different region later in the game?

I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
I love japanese cars ever since I lived over there for a period of time
:) Had to get my evo on the game cuz I can't stand to spend the 30+ in
real life!

> Sounds like the game is going to get hard fast.
> I noticed the under 200 and 300hp races. I don't understand them though.
> I entered the under 200hp with a Nissan 240sx and the cars pulled away from
> me like I was standing still.
> So I went and tweaked it to 197hp and I was no longer eligible for the race.
> I can see myself getting frustrated with that aspect of the game rather
> quickly.

I kind of dig those races, ya know they make you go out and try new cars
.. Otherwise you'd only want to drive your fastest ya know. But you
should have been elgible with 197hp! Something must have went wrong and
it went up to 201 or something. For the under 200hp, I chose the toyota
mr2 (i love they way that little thing whips around corners). I had to
dry a couple of variations b4 that though that didn't pan out (i.e.
trueno). Go with the MR2, you can't go wrong on that race!

>>>Yeah, I have 2 cars that are already really pumped up.

>>>I left everything at default until the last couple races yesterday.
>>>I will start to turn off one setting at a time.
>>>I "ABSOLUTELY" dig the dynamic line!
>>>It teaches you the best line and speed for each turn.

yea, that line is superb. The way it changes color depending on your
speed is a big plus in my book too. Once you get the hang of it, you
should be able to turn most stuff off but I really like keeping that
line and the stability control, cuz i have a tendency of oversteering
too much. But I would much rather have oversteer than under so I
cambered my tires, really dropped the ride down and some other
tweaks.... That benchmark tool is really great for eyeballling what your
tweaking has accomplished. By widening my gears, I was able to keep the
same 0-60,0-100 and bump up top speed by like 30mph!

> > I picked the 1st option.
> > Which one did you pick?
> > Can you pick a different region later in the game?
> >

> I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
> I love japanese cars ever since I lived over there for a period of time
> :) Had to get my evo on the game cuz I can't stand to spend the 30+ in
> real life!
>

> > Sounds like the game is going to get hard fast.
> > I noticed the under 200 and 300hp races. I don't understand them
though.
> > I entered the under 200hp with a Nissan 240sx and the cars pulled away
from
> > me like I was standing still.
> > So I went and tweaked it to 197hp and I was no longer eligible for the
race.
> > I can see myself getting frustrated with that aspect of the game rather
> > quickly.
> >

> I kind of dig those races, ya know they make you go out and try new cars
> . Otherwise you'd only want to drive your fastest ya know. But you
> should have been elgible with 197hp! Something must have went wrong and
> it went up to 201 or something. For the under 200hp, I chose the toyota
> mr2 (i love they way that little thing whips around corners). I had to
> dry a couple of variations b4 that though that didn't pan out (i.e.
> trueno). Go with the MR2, you can't go wrong on that race!

I have a hard time steering the MR2.
I had to work my arse off to win the MR circuit/event (or whatever) with my
car built up to the max of what is available.
I will have to strip her down to enter the under 200hp race :-(

"theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

btw,
what level are you at?
I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.

On Fri, 06 May 2005 18:00:06 GMT, theOne <theOneOne@dodgeit.com>
wrote:

>I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.

I went Europe because FINALLY there's a console sim racer with Porsche
and Ferrari, my two favourite brands. Not that I'll be able to afford
them for a bit!

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>>I picked the 1st option.
>>>Which one did you pick?
>>>Can you pick a different region later in the game?
>>>

>>I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
>>I love japanese cars ever since I lived over there for a period of time
>>:) Had to get my evo on the game cuz I can't stand to spend the 30+ in
>>real life!
>>

>>>Sounds like the game is going to get hard fast.
>>>I noticed the under 200 and 300hp races. I don't understand them
>
> though.
>
>>>I entered the under 200hp with a Nissan 240sx and the cars pulled away
>
> from
>
>>>me like I was standing still.
>>>So I went and tweaked it to 197hp and I was no longer eligible for the
>
> race.
>
>>>I can see myself getting frustrated with that aspect of the game rather
>>>quickly.
>>>

>>I kind of dig those races, ya know they make you go out and try new cars
>>. Otherwise you'd only want to drive your fastest ya know. But you
>>should have been elgible with 197hp! Something must have went wrong and
>>it went up to 201 or something. For the under 200hp, I chose the toyota
>>mr2 (i love they way that little thing whips around corners). I had to
>>dry a couple of variations b4 that though that didn't pan out (i.e.
>>trueno). Go with the MR2, you can't go wrong on that race!
>

> I have a hard time steering the MR2.
> I had to work my arse off to win the MR circuit/event (or whatever) with my
> car built up to the max of what is available.
> I will have to strip her down to enter the under 200hp race :-(

do you oversteer or understeer the most?

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

> >>I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
> >>I love japanese cars ever since I lived over there for a period of time
> >>:) Had to get my evo on the game cuz I can't stand to spend the 30+ in
> >>real life!

> > though.

> > from

> > race.

> >>I kind of dig those races, ya know they make you go out and try new cars
> >>. Otherwise you'd only want to drive your fastest ya know. But you
> >>should have been elgible with 197hp! Something must have went wrong and
> >>it went up to 201 or something. For the under 200hp, I chose the toyota
> >>mr2 (i love they way that little thing whips around corners). I had to
> >>dry a couple of variations b4 that though that didn't pan out (i.e.
> >>trueno). Go with the MR2, you can't go wrong on that race!
> >

> > I have a hard time steering the MR2.
> > I had to work my arse off to win the MR circuit/event (or whatever) with
my
> > car built up to the max of what is available.
> > I will have to strip her down to enter the under 200hp race :-(
> >

> do you oversteer or understeer the most?

oversteer

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
> btw,
> what level are you at?
> I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.

I think I'm at about level 15; I haven't been playing the last few days
;p .........

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
> btw,
> what level are you at?
> I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.

btw, my cars are the Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ330, the Toyota MR-S, Toyota
APR Performance Celica GTS (with some sweet graphics and side skirts I
might add),Pontiac GTO, and Ford Mustang GT (the latter 2 gifts from
Ford and Pontiac). Everything is pretty souped up right now, and I have
about 100k of dough to spend. Damn it, I need a muscle car to race in
that classic car circuit. And they're too expensive. I'm doing the
Roadster circuit right now with the MR-S; grand prize is the Porsche Boxter.

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> >
> > btw,
> > what level are you at?
> > I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.
> >

> btw, my cars are the Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ330, the Toyota MR-S, Toyota
> APR Performance Celica GTS (with some sweet graphics and side skirts I
> might add),Pontiac GTO, and Ford Mustang GT (the latter 2 gifts from
> Ford and Pontiac). Everything is pretty souped up right now, and I have
> about 100k of dough to spend. Damn it, I need a muscle car to race in
> that classic car circuit. And they're too expensive. I'm doing the
> Roadster circuit right now with the MR-S; grand prize is the Porsche
Boxter.

I am going to enter the roadster now.

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
> btw,
> what level are you at?
> I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.

ohhh and the renault sport clio v6 rs <<<<damn that car is a shweet
hatchback!

theone

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
> btw,
> what level are you at?
> I will probably try to hit level 15 before I hit the sheets tonight.

piece of advice...don't lower your ride too much and than drive
nurburgring east....holy bejeeezus, I bottomed out my mr-s of a drop!

theone

Joe62 wrote:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 18:00:06 GMT, theOne <theOneOne@dodgeit.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
>

> I went Europe because FINALLY there's a console sim racer with Porsche
> and Ferrari, my two favourite brands. Not that I'll be able to afford
> them for a bit!
:) Believe me, i have the enzo on my to to list :)

I started 3 careers, one in each region as my home region with three
different usernames. The names of the career with the home region is as
follows: Andretti / N. America, Schumacher / Europe, and finally Sato /
Asia. I was going to go with Matsushita for the asian career but was too
lazy to run upstairs to look up the spelling.on the internet at the time.

I was just curious as what the difference is and how much it really makes a
difference on starting out in which region so I figured if I started 3
different careers, one in each region, I would see how much of an effect it
had on the game. So far I am on level 12 with Andretti and started with the
Focus SVT and oddly enough the only cars that have been "gifted" to me so
far is a Tom's Toyota and a Wings West Civic I believe. I figured I would
be gifted cars from American manufacturers but haven't been so far. Anybody
else that has started their career in N. America been "gifted" any American
cars yet? If so what level were you at and car were you driving before the
gift happened?

gamertag - BLACKCAT RACING

"Joe62" <jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 18:00:06 GMT, theOne <theOneOne@dodgeit.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I think the first option is n. america, not sure, but I went with Asia.
>
> I went Europe because FINALLY there's a console sim racer with Porsche
> and Ferrari, my two favourite brands. Not that I'll be able to afford
> them for a bit!

theone

John VanGoethem wrote:
> I started 3 careers, one in each region as my home region with three
> different usernames. The names of the career with the home region is as
> follows: Andretti / N. America, Schumacher / Europe, and finally Sato /
> Asia. I was going to go with Matsushita for the asian career but was too
> lazy to run upstairs to look up the spelling.on the internet at the time.
>
> I was just curious as what the difference is and how much it really makes a
> difference on starting out in which region so I figured if I started 3
> different careers, one in each region, I would see how much of an effect it
> had on the game. So far I am on level 12 with Andretti and started with the
> Focus SVT and oddly enough the only cars that have been "gifted" to me so
> far is a Tom's Toyota and a Wings West Civic I believe. I figured I would
> be gifted cars from American manufacturers but haven't been so far. Anybody
> else that has started their career in N. America been "gifted" any American
> cars yet? If so what level were you at and car were you driving before the
> gift happened?
>
> gamertag - BLACKCAT RACING

its funny you mentioned that. I started in asia and have been given both
the 2005 GTO and 2005 Mustang GT already. I'm on level 13.