XBOX Wireless Controller

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 5, 2005 11:34:45 PM

Can anyone tell me what is the best wireless controller to buy for
XBOX. I want to spend up to $50.00.

Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 6, 2005 4:33:12 AM

Generally the Logitech is considered the best for $50. I tried it, I liked
it - but I took it back because it was interfering with my Logitech wireless
headset and vice versa. Still, when I used it offline, it worked like a
charm.

"Hoopster" <hoops_nospam444@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what is the best wireless controller to buy for
> XBOX. I want to spend up to $50.00.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 6, 2005 9:15:30 AM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:34:45 -0700, Hoopster <hoops_nospam444@aol.com>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what is the best wireless controller to buy for
>XBOX. I want to spend up to $50.00.
>

>Any help would be appreciated.

The Logitech is generally considered the best. I purchased one a few
months ago for around $50 and overall I like it. My main complaint is
that you have to press the buttons a little harder than the normal
type S controller to get them to register. It also has a slightly
cheap feel to it, but it's performed well in game play.
a b F Wireless
May 6, 2005 10:30:25 AM

i suggest reading this post. i was really happy with my Logitch
wireless controller... until...

http://tinyurl.com/azrdc
May 6, 2005 5:50:59 PM

Fizzlestix wrote:
> i suggest reading this post. i was really happy with my Logitch
> wireless controller... until...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/azrdc

yeah, I think this solidifies the deal. I have a pelican but I don't
really think there is a wired replacement yet for many reasons. MS
should release their own version of a wireless controller s. that'd be
sweet.
May 6, 2005 5:51:00 PM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 13:50:59 GMT, theOne <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote:

>|Fizzlestix wrote:
>|> i suggest reading this post. i was really happy with my Logitch
>|> wireless controller... until...
>|>
>|> http://tinyurl.com/azrdc
>|>

>|yeah, I think this solidifies the deal. I have a pelican but I don't
>|really think there is a wired replacement yet for many reasons. MS
>|should release their own version of a wireless controller s. that'd be
>|sweet.

Costco has a double pack wireless (forget the name) but they are good. Check
them out.

Pluvious
May 7, 2005 1:43:21 AM

Pluvious wrote:

>>|yeah, I think this solidifies the deal. I have a pelican but I don't
>>|really think there is a wired replacement yet for many reasons. MS
>>|should release their own version of a wireless controller s. that'd be
>>|sweet.
>

> Costco has a double pack wireless (forget the name) but they are good. Check
> them out.
>

> Pluvious

nahhh....I dropped my membershp at that joint and besides.... I don't
think the wireless has enough sensitivity (too loose) in the foot pedal
for racers and the like and 2. all the wireless controllers like to wipe
my dashboard configuration wehen I reboot thanks to some inherent gift
within Xbox Media Center. They all have a cheap feeling to me too, so I
guess that is a 3. I prefer the Controller S from Japan that my mother
in law sent me. but than, I'm not the OP :)  Maybe he would like that idea.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 7, 2005 1:21:51 PM

On 6 May 2005 06:30:25 -0700, "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com>
wrote:

>i suggest reading this post. i was really happy with my Logitch
>wireless controller... until...
>
>http://tinyurl.com/azrdc

That's the OLD model - the really wide 'batarang' which took 4x AA
batteries.

The new controller-S sized model which replaced it doesn't seem to
share the flaws in joystick durability that the old one had. I've got
nothing but positive experiences to report with mine, so far.

Gav
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 8, 2005 1:22:48 PM

while this is may be true, i take issue with the company's support of a
failed product. i need to have a receipt? it's not like i was taking it
back to Wal*Mart or something... i was contacting them directly.
telling a customer, "sorry, you're out of luck" is not going make me
satisfied... so, as result, i'll never buy another Logitech product
again. that's all. ;o)
!