No Power or Post, GA-X58A-UD3R

I recently moved and upon arriving my computer will not power up. Unfortunately I have exhausted all things I can think of and need any help I can get.

The computer was running fine for over a year prior to moving but I have not been able to get it to post or even power up since then. I have only a couple LEDS on the board that I will list below.

HARDWARE
CPU - Intel LGA 1366 i7 930 / Intel LGA 1366 i7 950 (I have tried both)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM - Corsair Dominator 6x2gb
CPU cooler - COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP
Video Card EVGA GTX-280 / EVGA GT-440 (tried both)
Power Supply - OCX 700W
HDD - 1Tb WD Caviar Black
Operating System - Windows 7 home x64
Case - Cooler Master HAF 932

STEPS SO FAR
1. I first narrowed down the build to only the essentials (1 stick of ram, videocard with power, 24pin power and 8pin to CPU.) with no luck
2. I sent the motherboard in for an RMA. I got the motherboard back and they said there was no problem with the board. They just updated the bios and sent it back.
3. I took my PSU into a local repair shop and had diagnostics run. Everything was fine and the PSU powered up another computer.
4. I bought a new processor and installed it tonight with no luck. I am only getting two lights on the board (southbridge voltage moderate).
5. I have tried each stick of ram individual with no luck
6. I have tried with the board outside of the case and shorting the powerpins for startup
7. I have tried other outlets
8. My current situation is, Motherboard, 1 stick of Ram, CPU, 24pin, and videocard hooked up. I plug in the power and turn on the PSU. I hit the power switch and I get a southbridge voltage moderate reading on the LEDs from the board but that’s it. No CPU fan movement, no PSU fan movement, no case fan movements, no post from speaker, nothing. I am at a complete lost and have no idea what to do. The only thing I can guess is that the motherboard really is bad. If anyone has and suggestions I am all ears. Please and thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about power post x58a ud3r
  1. A quick update::::::

I have reconnected everything (again) and got the computer to power cycle. The computer only powers up the fans and what not when i hit the powerswitch immediately after tripping the PSU. I got the computer to boot up ONCE but I didnt have the HDD with the OS hooked up. The computer will power up for 8-10s and then power cycle another 8 - 10s and then it will power up for 1-2s and pretty inconsistently after that (sometimes not continuing the cyle)

Any help is much appreciated!
  2. No luck this morning. Im going to call gigabyte support line this morning and see if they have any helpful advice.
  3. Called gigabyte and did only a little bit of troubleshooting with them and they gave me ANOTHER Rma. Im sending in the board... again. Any advice would still be appreciated.
  4. Any suggestions for when I get my board back?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems