I recently moved and upon arriving my computer will not power up. Unfortunately I have exhausted all things I can think of and need any help I can get.
The computer was running fine for over a year prior to moving but I have not been able to get it to post or even power up since then. I have only a couple LEDS on the board that I will list below.
CPU - Intel LGA 1366 i7 930 / Intel LGA 1366 i7 950 (I have tried both)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM - Corsair Dominator 6x2gb
CPU cooler - COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP
Video Card EVGA GTX-280 / EVGA GT-440 (tried both)
Power Supply - OCX 700W
HDD - 1Tb WD Caviar Black
Operating System - Windows 7 home x64
Case - Cooler Master HAF 932
STEPS SO FAR
1. I first narrowed down the build to only the essentials (1 stick of ram, videocard with power, 24pin power and 8pin to CPU.) with no luck
2. I sent the motherboard in for an RMA. I got the motherboard back and they said there was no problem with the board. They just updated the bios and sent it back.
3. I took my PSU into a local repair shop and had diagnostics run. Everything was fine and the PSU powered up another computer.
4. I bought a new processor and installed it tonight with no luck. I am only getting two lights on the board (southbridge voltage moderate).
5. I have tried each stick of ram individual with no luck
6. I have tried with the board outside of the case and shorting the powerpins for startup
7. I have tried other outlets
8. My current situation is, Motherboard, 1 stick of Ram, CPU, 24pin, and videocard hooked up. I plug in the power and turn on the PSU. I hit the power switch and I get a southbridge voltage moderate reading on the LEDs from the board but that’s it. No CPU fan movement, no PSU fan movement, no case fan movements, no post from speaker, nothing. I am at a complete lost and have no idea what to do. The only thing I can guess is that the motherboard really is bad. If anyone has and suggestions I am all ears. Please and thank you!
I have reconnected everything (again) and got the computer to power cycle. The computer only powers up the fans and what not when i hit the powerswitch immediately after tripping the PSU. I got the computer to boot up ONCE but I didnt have the HDD with the OS hooked up. The computer will power up for 8-10s and then power cycle another 8 - 10s and then it will power up for 1-2s and pretty inconsistently after that (sometimes not continuing the cyle)