Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Rate My Rig?

Last response: in Systems
April 11, 2012 5:37:30 AM

What do you guys Think?

AMD FX-6200 Zambezi 3.8GHz (4.1GHz Turbo)

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking-Ready Heat Sink With Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

AMD 6970 2GB x2 CrossFire XFX with the life time warranty

G.SKills Sniper DDR3 1600 Two Sticks 2x4GB

SSD OCZ Agility 3 SataIII 6gb 128GB

HDD WD Caviar Black 64MB 7200 RPM SataIII 6GB 1TB

PSU:CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 Full Modular Active

Antec Case 1200 All fans replace with better ones (besides the 200ml is not replace) Delta AFB1212GHE-CF00 120mm Case Fan x6

PLEXTOR Black Blue-Ray Burner

6 FAn Controller

More about : rate rig

a b B Homebuilt system
April 11, 2012 9:30:18 AM

Without a few things there isn't really anyway to "rate your rig"

Purpose of the system?

Price you paid?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 11, 2012 9:43:51 AM

everything is great except cpu :/ 
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 11, 2012 10:01:46 AM

hate to sound like a troll but why did you go to so much trouble eg replacing fans in an antec 1200 (which are already pretty good to start with) and everything else is top notch the you go and put a fx chip in, WTF???????? if your after the best one would think you would put in an i5 or i7 k or if amd i would rather have seen you put in a phenom 2 in it!
OR are you intentionally troll fishing :pt1cable: 
m
l
April 11, 2012 9:13:33 PM

cmcghee358 said:
Without a few things there isn't really anyway to "rate your rig"

Purpose of the system?

Price you paid?

I only paid $1734.78
m
l
April 11, 2012 9:18:11 PM

hellfire24 said:
everything is great except cpu :/ 

Well in general i love AMD because of the price of the parts, and that their MB they can take any kind of CPU other than the new APU but the only two things i hate about Intel other than the price, is when going for a i5 or i7 there are 2-3 different MB, which kind of sucks when you want upgrade. I don't know, i like the freedom AMD gives with the price. CPU that i got should be great for gaming, i just need good GPU if i am not mistaken but I am no pro in building a unit, i am very self learned, so i don't know all the ins and outs.
m
l
April 11, 2012 9:19:00 PM

jasont78 said:
hate to sound like a troll but why did you go to so much trouble eg replacing fans in an antec 1200 (which are already pretty good to start with) and everything else is top notch the you go and put a fx chip in, WTF???????? if your after the best one would think you would put in an i5 or i7 k or if amd i would rather have seen you put in a phenom 2 in it!
OR are you intentionally troll fishing :pt1cable: 

Well in general i love AMD because of the price of the parts, and that their MB they can take any kind of CPU other than the new APU but the only two things i hate about Intel other than the price, is when going for a i5 or i7 there are 2-3 different MB, which kind of sucks when you want upgrade. I don't know, i like the freedom AMD gives with the price. CPU that i got should be great for gaming, i just need good GPU if i am not mistaken but I am no pro in building a unit, i am very self learned, so i don't know all the ins and outs.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 11, 2012 11:00:26 PM

For that much money, I would've definitely gone with an i5-2500k or i7-2600k instead. I like AMD as much as anyone, but they really blew it with their FX processors. Intel is actually a far better value for the money in this go-around, particularly with the i5-2500k; I mean, it isn't even close.

Don't take that the wrong way, though - it's not like you're going to be unhappy with the FX-6200. The 6-core and 8-core Zambezi CPUs are still very good processors. Just not as good as what Intel has out there.
m
l
April 12, 2012 10:19:41 AM

Black-Bird said:

m
l

Best solution

April 12, 2012 10:28:13 AM

Black-Bird said:

there motherboards may be able to take various cpu's but end of the day there are trade offs as the northbridge is on the cpu and if the motherboard doesnt support the specs the cpu is forced to downgrade for example the hypertransport speedis a prime example. price performance intel owns them for games too that has been proven plenty with i3's beating out the top dog fx chips. end of the day its your money you can do as you want just seems strange the rest of your build i cant fault including your mobo apart from the fact its not an intel chipset (props to you for that) but if you want the best there is only 1 option and the price performance arguement isnt in amds favour either. apart from that good job. btw the way your gpu is good its probably that cpu holding it back lol
a b B Homebuilt system
April 12, 2012 11:30:21 AM

It's a great system. I'll give it an eight out of ten (8/10), as I'd have recommended HD 7800-series and an Intel CPU, however I'm sure you'll be very happy with what you got.
m
l
April 13, 2012 7:14:06 AM

Best answer selected by Black-Bird.
m
l
!