Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will These Specs Work?

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 11, 2012 10:05:40 AM

Hi, I'm planning on building a gaming PC for around £600-£700. So far I have found these components and wanted to know if they would work and be any good.
The components I am looking at are:

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/intel-core-i7-2700k-3-5...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/corsair-8gb--2x4gb--ven...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/seagate-500gb-momentus-...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/corsair-memory-700w-gam...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/antec-900-nine-hundred-...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboa...

Those are the basic specs that I will start off with, I will then be upgrading some of the parts and getting a proper graphics card soon after.
I'm not sure if I missed anything off of the list...So does anyone know if this will actually work?

More about : specs work

April 11, 2012 10:26:34 AM

jamieyates14 said:
Hi, I'm planning on building a gaming PC for around £600-£700. So far I have found these components and wanted to know if they would work and be any good.
The components I am looking at are:

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/intel-core-i7-2700k-3-5...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/corsair-8gb--2x4gb--ven...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/seagate-500gb-momentus-...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/corsair-memory-700w-gam...

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/antec-900-nine-hundred-...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboa...

Those are the basic specs that I will start off with, I will then be upgrading some of the parts and getting a proper graphics card soon after.
I'm not sure if I missed anything off of the list...So does anyone know if this will actually work?

You pretty much got all the basics and they look good. Why don't you just get this:
http://www.shop.bt.com/products/intel-core-i5-2500k-3-3...
it'll probably do all that you will ever need the 2700 to do and a bit cheaper. You could save some "quid" as you guys say. :D 
April 11, 2012 10:45:49 AM

Chaz21 said:
You pretty much got all the basics and they look good. Why don't you just get this:
http://www.shop.bt.com/products/intel-core-i5-2500k-3-3...
it'll probably do all that you will ever need the 2700 to do and a bit cheaper. You could save some "quid" as you guys say. :D 


That's what I've been stuck on, deciding the get the i5 2500k or the i7 2600k. I like the i7 2600k because of the hyper-threading and the 8mb cache... but then there's the price.
Oh and also it won't just be gaming I will be using the PC for. I will be recording and editing audio/video as well as using fraps a lot.
April 11, 2012 10:55:47 AM

jamieyates14 said:
That's what I've been stuck on, deciding the get the i5 2500k or the i7 2600k. I like the i7 2600k because of the hyper-threading and the 8mb cache... but then there's the price.
Oh and also it won't just be gaming I will be using the PC for. I will be recording and editing audio/video as well as using fraps a lot.

Then you did make the right choice with the 2700.
!