battler624

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Sup guys.. i have another question,
i recently reupgraded or still upgrading my pc.. i asked before for 2x 580 or gtx 670 now i got the 670 anyway

i currently have on this pc 600W and running intel i7 870 , GTS 450 and 2x 4gb kingstom 1333 MHZ ram and the motherboard is intel DH55HC

on my NEW pc however i will have 3 different things and the rest is the same..
a nvidia gtx 670 , an intel I5-2500K and the asus P8H77-V motherboard..

will i need to change my powersupply? or what? i do not wish to change it actually i wont be able to until the end of this month and i really hope to test the new pc out :)

Solution
What I can make out on that label says 26 A under +12 V for the 600 W model, that would be low for a 400 W unit, your average 600 W unit should have 45-50 A of capacity on the 12 V rail.

Personally I wouldn't try to run a GTX 570 on it, guru3d testing a GTX 570 system and it was pulling about 370 W from the wall, with inefficiencies that is probably only about 320 W from the PSU, most of that is going to be from the 12 V rail since that is what feeds the CPU and GPU so you would need around 26.6 A from the 12 V rail at peak which is technically over the limit at peak load and would be pushing the ratings at normal levels.

I would swap it out for a new unit.

I tried to search on google but did not readily find data on AMC PSUs. This doesn't mean that they are bad, but it doesn't mean that they are good either.

See if you can find some reviews and customer feedback on AMC PSUs used in desktop applications.

I know that Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, 600 watts PSUs will work in your application.

What I can make out on that label says 26 A under +12 V for the 600 W model, that would be low for a 400 W unit, your average 600 W unit should have 45-50 A of capacity on the 12 V rail.

Personally I wouldn't try to run a GTX 570 on it, guru3d testing a GTX 570 system and it was pulling about 370 W from the wall, with inefficiencies that is probably only about 320 W from the PSU, most of that is going to be from the 12 V rail since that is what feeds the CPU and GPU so you would need around 26.6 A from the 12 V rail at peak which is technically over the limit at peak load and would be pushing the ratings at normal levels.

I would swap it out for a new unit.

Solution

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I think you probably get the idea now, ill throw my vote in anyway....... Change the PSU!

That will be an excellent system with the upgrades! You dont want that power supply ruining it all for you!