How to uninstall a Dell printer from HP

kirkmerk

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Something is causing my printer not to print, and I believe it is some kind of incompatibility caused by two printers that the computer says are installed, but are not. The on I installed was a Dell Photo 924; the other one I did not install, and I need to remove is a Photo AIO 924. Each of the ictures is showing some sort of error with both printers, but as I said, I believe they are fighting each other. I am not very computer literate.

I have never used this way of getting information before, so if it would make things simple, should anyone have an answer, my email is kirkmerk@hotmail.com Thanks

kirkmerk

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Only oneproblem; there is no placeto select "delete this Printer". The only thing to select it to add a printer. Maybe your HP has that choice; mine does not. Other suggestions?

Is this after you highlight the printer that you no longer need? The option will appear only when the printer is highlighted.

How about trying a workaround. Select 'Add a printer' and see whether the 'Delete printer' option shows up.

This may be similar to the "Add user' in User accounts (Control Panel) for editing user accounts.

Unfortunately, the foreign (Asian) computer programmers are not very adept in the use of the English language, and they all think they know English!

kirkmerk

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Ha Ha. Yes, the truest test of whether a person is truly fluent is their use of idioms and slang.

I will try what you suggested. Np, I guess they got that one right. It's really strange that there is no simple way to delete a printer. Thanks for the help, anyway.

I try to avoid slang as much as possible.

I am referring to the 'Help' screens in MS Office and in 'Windows'

Once when I was trying to do a backup in Windows, the instructions told me to go to "Backup & Restore Control Panel" - This lead me to believe that Backup & Restore had its own Control Panel. Later, after navigating and reading further I gathered that what the foreign programmers were trying to say was go to "Control Panel, Backup & Restore". These people had transposed words and this was probably due to verbatim translation from some Asian language.

I discussed this with one co-worker and he told me that he won't even bother to read the help screens because of the horrendous (and misleading) English.

The folks at Microsoft certainly are not aware of such things and are sitting fat, dumb, and happy! I do send MS feedback but my feedback is read by the same people who created the problem in the first place. Remember Y2K? :)

One of my favorite expressions is "Britain and the US are two countries separated by a common language!" :)

Asian English is a completely different matter! I don't even want to try to understand it!

Coming back to the the " ...... the original objective was to drain the lake!" there must definitely be a way to add and to delete a printer. Try the approach that I suggested and let us solve the issue one way or the other.

This says that the print queue must be removed before you can delete the printer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/add-or-remove-a-printer

This may be the issue. Silver bullet

(Now I am using slang!)