Catalyst control center problems

juicebox72

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I'm having problems with the AMD catalyst control center, for some reason when i open it the window wont come up but in my processes it will show CCC.exe pop up really quickly and then go away.

my card is a Radeon HD 5770 and I have all up to date drivers.

not entirely sure what the problem is but if anyone has any solutions they would be appreciated.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
It usually runs in the system tray(lower right typ.) Should show there. I personally don't like CCC as it seems flaky to me. Unless your looking for the enhanced tools, just dump it and use windows to control your settings. The driver will run independent of CCC.

juicebox72

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
There isn't an icon on the system tray, i've looked and i've made sure it's not hidden.

All of my drivers are up to date, i just checked before i posted this so i don't think that's the problem.

juicebox72

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
The icon on the system tray used to be there but now it's gone and the CCC wont open but it will show it start in my processes and then end by its self after about 5 seconds.

juicebox72

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
That didn't work, I'm going to try getting the drivers for the actual card it self from the manufacturers website and reinstall those and see if that helps at all.

Do you think this could have happened because i flashed my BIOS? that's around the time when it stopped working.

juicebox72

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I ended up downloading the 10.1 version of the driver and now it's working fine, apparently my card isn't compatable with the new drivers. ill have to talk to AMD about that one.

Thanks for you help