Sign in with
Your question

Ivy Bridge Availability at Release?

Last response: in Systems
April 11, 2012 7:30:26 PM

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to build a new PC real soon. I'm leaning towards waiting for Ivy Bridge to be released later this month. So I'll probably have my components ordered by 5/1/12. I want to have this system built in time for D3. I'm wondering what to expect in terms of availability at launch. Will it be similar to Geforce 680 GTX cards since release thus far? And while we're on that subject, do you think the supply of 680 GTX's will be much better by the end of April, or early May? Thanks!
April 11, 2012 7:59:01 PM

Orenius said:
Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to build a new PC real soon. I'm leaning towards waiting for Ivy Bridge to be released later this month. So I'll probably have my components ordered by 5/1/12. I want to have this system built in time for D3. I'm wondering what to expect in terms of availability at launch. Will it be similar to Geforce 680 GTX cards since release thus far? And while we're on that subject, do you think the supply of 680 GTX's will be much better by the end of April, or early May? Thanks!

The only thing Iv'e read is that Ivy Bridge is due out April 29th. Beyond that it's anyone guess.
m
l
April 11, 2012 8:29:06 PM

My crystal ball isn't functioning at the moment, I'll let ya know when I get it fixed.
m
l
Related resources
April 11, 2012 10:06:48 PM

Well let me know when it's working :p ... But seriously, no speculation? Does anyone remember if Sandybridge processors were in short supply early on in its release?
m
l
April 11, 2012 10:53:32 PM

Orenius said:
Well let me know when it's working :p ... But seriously, no speculation? Does anyone remember if Sandybridge processors were in short supply early on in its release?

TBH I don't ever remember newegg running out of those cpu's. They kept on selling them even after the Cougar Point boards were pulled from the market until they got the silicone fixed on them. That lasted for a few months, but newegg continued to sell those SB cpu's...and they were selling off the hook. People were going through third world countries to get those P67 boards. :D 
m
l
April 11, 2012 11:01:08 PM

I would say get ready to buy it RIGHT at release. Like midnight order it as soon as it is allowed and you should have a good chance. I have not seen how many will be shipped so it is anyones guess how fast they will sell, because no one knows how many are being shipped.
m
l
!