Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Flash Error on Win 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2010 9:53:08 AM

Hello Guyz,

I have been using Win 7 since the time it was out in beta stages.It's a wonderful OS no doubt about that.But since 2-3 months i have been experiencing a strange problem regarding flash components on some specific sites or rather some specific pages on the sites.
The problem appears only on e-sites like :

Amazon
Paypal
Ebay

These are 3 i use.
If i browse Ebay and Amazon its perfectly fine..no issues..the minute i click on account/login/my account..everything becomes abnormal.

Pages takes eternity to load up
All the pictures /tabs/animations disappear
All and all its like flash Just suddenly stopped working

Paypal does not open up. The site loads in 2 minutes with the problems i face when i click on account on the other 2 sites.

And yes I have reinstalled flash again and again..starting from a 4 month old flash to the newest one.Standalone installer.
P.S- The Adobe site dlm also doesn't do anything. it just loads and never downloads anything and then Firefox/IE8 stops responding for 2-3 minutes.
I installed shockwave / All flash beta versions from standalone installers..the problem remains...
I have no problem in flash otherwise - Youtube/Yahoo all works like charm.

I got an OK 1MBPS(Quiet fast in my part of the world) connection..and a quiet fast 1700$ Computer..So hardware and net connection is not an issue.

What i think its the security of Win 7 + ESET NOD32 causing some problems becoz only the e sites are getting affected.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT Retail.

PLZ help...
Thanx in Advance.

More about : flash error win

January 14, 2010 1:45:02 PM

Nyone......Plz help me...what to do...??
January 15, 2010 7:37:02 AM

if i'm not mistaken, there is no flash player for 64bit browser...
Related resources
January 15, 2010 9:50:46 AM

I m not using a 64 bit browser.
Mozilla is not 64 bit...and IE8 i use the 32 bit version.
January 15, 2010 11:55:37 AM

Thats the problem..nothing seem to download from adobe site...whenever i click on a link to download..firefox hangs for abt 40-50 secs then resumes with a download window..and then doesn't download it.
January 15, 2010 1:15:28 PM

Try uninstalling NOD32 and then trying Flash again. Maybe try reinstalling Firefox, too.
January 15, 2010 4:57:11 PM

firefox has been reinstalled many times. let me uninstall nod32...!!!
Tnx
January 15, 2010 9:48:41 PM

No problem. Be sure to post back so you can let us know how it worked out. If it was NOD32, I'd try another anti-virus such as AVG, Avira AntiVir, or Avast!
January 15, 2010 10:21:09 PM

Is there a compatibility mode button on your toolbar between the URL reload and the stop buttons. If so, try clicking that and see if it doesn't help.

I get that button myself for certain pages I browse to and the page appearance sometimes changes slightly when utilized..
January 16, 2010 3:11:43 PM

No there is no compatibility button on the toolbar.
And yes even Uninstalling ESET NOD32 Did not help.
I even put the macromed folder in syswow64 directory as excluded folders in windows defender but still no use.

Ny help Guyz..!
January 17, 2010 8:24:37 PM

So Guyz, hear this out.
today i reinstalled Windows 7.
The first thing i did was install flash player and started IE snd checked the amazon payapl thing...
U wont blv it still had the same issue...
I have a original microsoft dvd so dvd cant be faulty.
what is the problem can anyone help me.

Best solution

April 6, 2010 6:28:15 PM

I have a similar issue, and believe it or not, its specifically related to this website. There is a script running that causes the browser to stop responding. After a few minutes i get a prompt informing me that the script is causing the browser to slow down, continue to run the script and the browser may crash. I run windows 7 64 bit. Using mainly IE8 32b since the new Firefox 3.6.3 is causing issues and my Norton toolbar doesn't work with the 64b IE8. Wish I could help solve your problem but I may be in the same boat here as I notice the only process running that seems I can identify is Flash Util 10e, Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0r45 runs.
April 6, 2010 6:53:54 PM

Hey,its quite an old post bro...
Btw i had solved the issue..
The flash and browser all were fine..
the problem was in the DNS my isp was providing...
I changed the setting in my modem..and instead of dns provided by ISp i put in my own preferred dns..
everything worked fine after that...
April 16, 2010 10:11:12 AM

Best answer selected by Mukul990.
August 23, 2010 10:46:44 AM

Hi Mukul990 / all

I have exactly the same problem. Have changed my DNS settings on my router (rather than ISP assigning), following guidance from DNS advantage. I am still getting the problem logging into sites such as eBay, Amazon, paypal etc..

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Many Thanks
Niel
!