Recovery Console

This is a new posting to my "Create unmoveable/excluded files". I need to be
able to run Attrib and require the recovery Console to do so.

Since installing SP 2, I cannot install Recovery Console. I've read the
11/5/2004 posting from Stanton A Hershman and the response from Will Denny.
I do not have the equipment to create an SP 2 slipstreamed CD. Is there some
other way to install the Recovery Console??

Many Thanks
--
oldmountainman
2 answers Last reply

    "oldmountainman" wrote:

    > This is a new posting to my "Create unmoveable/excluded files". I need to be
    > able to run Attrib and require the recovery Console to do so.
    >
    > Since installing SP 2, I cannot install Recovery Console. I've read the
    > 11/5/2004 posting from Stanton A Hershman and the response from Will Denny.
    > I do not have the equipment to create an SP 2 slipstreamed CD. Is there some
    > other way to install the Recovery Console??
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > --
    > oldmountainman

    This may be of some help?
    Scroll down to recovery console
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm

    I have learned that after installing SP 2, you cannot install the Recovery
    Console from the original installation disk. You must either: (1) Uninstall
    SP 2, install the Recovery Console and, then, re-install SP 2; or (2) Get a
    Win XP installation disk that has SP 2 on it and install the Recovery Console
    from this disk. There are Win XP Home Edition CD's with this configuration.
    There are not any Win XP Professional CD's with this confuguration available
    - as yet.

    So, I guess it's best to close out this thread, unless someone has a third
    option.

    Thanks to all,

    oldmountainman

    "MAP" wrote:

    > "oldmountainman" wrote:
    >
    > > This is a new posting to my "Create unmoveable/excluded files". I need to be
    > > able to run Attrib and require the recovery Console to do so.
    > >
    > > Since installing SP 2, I cannot install Recovery Console. I've read the
    > > 11/5/2004 posting from Stanton A Hershman and the response from Will Denny.
    > > I do not have the equipment to create an SP 2 slipstreamed CD. Is there some
    > > other way to install the Recovery Console??
    > >
    > > Many Thanks
    > > --
    > > oldmountainman
    >
    > This may be of some help?
    > Scroll down to recovery console
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm

Configuration Recovery Console Customization Microsoft Windows XP