This is a new posting to my "Create unmoveable/excluded files". I need to be
able to run Attrib and require the recovery Console to do so.

Since installing SP 2, I cannot install Recovery Console. I've read the
11/5/2004 posting from Stanton A Hershman and the response from Will Denny.
I do not have the equipment to create an SP 2 slipstreamed CD. Is there some
other way to install the Recovery Console??

Many Thanks
--
oldmountainman

map

"oldmountainman" wrote:

> This is a new posting to my "Create unmoveable/excluded files". I need to be
> able to run Attrib and require the recovery Console to do so.
>
> Since installing SP 2, I cannot install Recovery Console. I've read the
> 11/5/2004 posting from Stanton A Hershman and the response from Will Denny.
> I do not have the equipment to create an SP 2 slipstreamed CD. Is there some
> other way to install the Recovery Console??
>
> Many Thanks
> --
> oldmountainman

This may be of some help?
Scroll down to recovery console
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm

I have learned that after installing SP 2, you cannot install the Recovery
Console from the original installation disk. You must either: (1) Uninstall
SP 2, install the Recovery Console and, then, re-install SP 2; or (2) Get a
Win XP installation disk that has SP 2 on it and install the Recovery Console
from this disk. There are Win XP Home Edition CD's with this configuration.
There are not any Win XP Professional CD's with this confuguration available
- as yet.

So, I guess it's best to close out this thread, unless someone has a third
option.

Thanks to all,

oldmountainman