Power supply size

Dragon4570

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I am getting ready to do a rebuild/upgrade for a family member and I found out their power supply is unreliable, therefore I need some advice on how big a PSU I should install when I rebuild their system.

Here is the current hardware that is going into the system
AMD A6 Llano 3500
Gigabyte A55M-DS2
Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R

I will be reusing their small (160 Gb) hard drive as well as their optical drives, 1 old CD ROM and 1 DVD burner
the current one is an old HP with a Video recorder / FM tuner card that I will probably re-use as well.

I want to make sure I have enough overhead that is they decide to add in a second HDD or even a lower end video card that I will have the power to run them.

Thanks in advance for any advice all of you give me.

4745454b

Titan
You don't have anything in there that uses a lot of power. Even in full draw I doubt such a system will use more then 150W. (unless I missed the GPU) Any quality 350-450W PSU will do fine. I'd be careful going higher then 450W as it will start to be horribly inefficient as you go higher. If a PSU is most efficient at its 50% mark then that means you need a 300W PSU. The corsair mentioned earlier is a good choice, as is the Antec 380W Green.